New division age cutoff

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
If they do anything to disrupt the carefully constructed teams most of us will just not play USSSA. I sincerely doubt there's any significant change.

Jun 8, 2016
If they do anything to disrupt the carefully constructed teams most of us will just not play USSSA. I sincerely doubt there's any significant change.
After 12's most serious teams around here stop playing USSSA for the most part. Maybe a warmup tournament at the beginning of Spring.

Oct 4, 2018
After 12's most serious teams around here stop playing USSSA for the most part. Maybe a warmup tournament at the beginning of Spring.

True. Sometimes there's is the biggest in the State and for whatever reason the best teams kind of collectively decide to play it. Perhaps it's when we're sick of driving so far and paying for hotels.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
USSSA is the only game in town on Long Island, so everyone plays it until they decide the competition isn't good enough for them, usually around 14U. Once that happens, the 16U-18U events stink here. The tourney director always wonders why the top teams and players leave LI to play. Well, considering your fields and complexes stink, as does the competition, maybe that's why.

We're not big fans of him...

Nov 13, 2022
The "confusion" comes from the softball season not lining up with the calendar year. The 2023 USSSA softball season starts Aug of 2022 and runs through July of 2023. The age cutoff is still 12/31. However, as said above, teams will usually "move up" in the Fall to gain experience for the longer Spring season. But, this is not mandated. You will see an example of this most often at 2nd year 14U - teams will play the Fall Showcases at 14U and then move up to 16U in the Spring.
This I know. I guess the director just misunderstood because she thought that starting this year that the age cutoff was changing to match the start of the season

Oct 4, 2018
USSSA is the only game in town on Long Island, so everyone plays it until they decide the competition isn't good enough for them, usually around 14U. Once that happens, the 16U-18U events stink here. The tourney director always wonders why the top teams and players leave LI to play. Well, considering your fields and complexes stink, as does the competition, maybe that's why.

We're not big fans of him...

Same with us.

I recently made a public Facebook post kindly asking them to fix the mounds at the main fields they use. It got like 11,000,000 thumbs up

Jun 8, 2016
Same with us.

I recently made a public Facebook post kindly asking them to fix the mounds at the main fields they use. It got like 11,000,000 thumbs up
DD played on Marita Hynes this past weekend. My 4 YO asked my DW “Why field so smooth?”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802