#8 for Florida state just showed how you do it #12 for OU not so much

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Certainly there are many things to talk about that are actually about the playing of the game. Aka the sport on the field. Mechanics, talent, different styles and footwork...

And yet certain folks are more ingulfed in the emotional experiences of others...
Then
Complain complain complain
Stuck on their own complaining train.
Good Luck wherever that train goes...

I agree with you. From my perspective it is more a matter of class than it is emotion. You can show emotion and still do so respectfully.

Jun 8, 2016
TBH it must be worse this year or more casual OU fans are attending the WCWS because when I have gone to games at Marita Hynes it hasn't been bad. Then again, I don't think I have gone to a game where they were losing so that might be part of it.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
TBH it must be worse this year or more casual OU fans are attending the WCWS because when I have gone to games at Marita Hynes it hasn't been bad. Then again, I don't think I have gone to a game where they were losing so that might be part of it.

I think part of it is the sheer numbers. Over 12,000 people at the stadium and it was at least 80% OU fans. The cheers are louder and the boos are louder just because of the quantity.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Good point.

I'm a PA guy and have attended several Eagles games. The Eagles fan base gets a bad rap in some cases (IMO). At a "normal" game, the fans are no different than fans at another field. However, when the stakes are raised (playoffs, or a game against the Cowboys), their reputation comes to life.

Jun 8, 2016
I'm a PA guy and have attended several Eagles games. The Eagles fan base gets a bad rap in some cases (IMO). At a "normal" game, the fans are no different than fans at another field. However, when the stakes are raised (playoffs, or a game against the Cowboys), their reputation comes to life.
You see the same thing in youth games. Parent crazy level goes through the roof in championship games...

Mar 4, 2015
New England
Speaking of attendance, when they've done overhead shots, I've noticed a fair number of empty seats. Still a good crowd, but not full, even though I understand that it's sold out. Why is that?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Speaking of attendance, when they've done overhead shots, I've noticed a fair number of empty seats. Still a good crowd, but not full, even though I understand that it's sold out. Why is that?

The lines for the food stands and restrooms are always long. I doubt all spectators are ever in the sits all at the same time. Plus the scheduling has probably created some challenges for some people. There was a family sitting next to us that was planning to attend through Game 2 of the Championship. That would have been last night had the delays not occurred. They are going home today, while Game 2 is scheduled for tonight. We purposely scheduled a return flight home for Thursday morning so that we could be here through Game 3, if necessary. Now Game 3, if needed, will be tomorrow, and we will be on a plane...

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I like that, the complaining train. I will have to use that :LOL:
to continue the humor...
Had a new student at one time...her name was Elaina...
I asked 'do you have a nick name'?...
She dropped her head a little,
Her Dad said
'Tell coach what your team calls you'
She said 'Complaina'

💁 maybe theres a moral to that story :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member