3rd out run...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 22, 2010
Somewhere in Malaysia
Hi;

I got this situation:

1) 3b and 2b occupied
2) 2 outs

The batter hit the ball and advanced to the first base. The runner on 3b successfully ran to home plate while the runner on the 2b run to the 3b.

The batter runner successfully arrived at 1b and try to advance to the 2b however he was tagged. Before he was tagged, the another runner on 3b successfully advanced to home.

Are these two runs counted on this 3rd out?

P/S: I'm sorry if it's quite confusing and my English is not so good.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes, any runs count that are recorded prior to the 3rd out, in your situation. (Since the batter arrived safely, at 1st base.)

Mar 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Was the third out the result of a force out? No.

Was the third out made by the batter-runner before safely reaching first base? No.

Therefore, all of the runs that scored before the third out was made count!

Nov 22, 2010
Somewhere in Malaysia
Was the third out the result of a force out? No.

Was the third out made by the batter-runner before safely reaching first base? No.

Therefore, all of the runs that scored before the third out was made count!

Thank you Amy and BretMan. So if the third out because of force out or made by the batter runner, all the run before the third out will not be counted, right?.... Just to make myself clear.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
If the batter-runner was tagged out *BEFORE* reaching 1B, the runs would not count. If the batter-runner was tagged out *AFTER* reaching 1B, the runs would count.

In your situation, none of the runners could be forced out. But, generally, no runs count if the third out is a force out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan