2B falls down on a routing pop fly....how would you score it?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2013
If she did manage to get leather on the ball, it was immaterial because she wasn't in position to catch it. As I recall, the player was going back when she stumbled and had already overrun the ball. She tried lunging back toward the infield to catch the ball, but couldn't reach it.

Sep 18, 2011
I saw the play and would have ruled it a double as well. Obviously tough break for the pitcher. But the 2B tripped. Just one of those things. A little surprised that nobody else was around to help - the ball was in the air forever. The only thing that really surprised me was that the announcers were so flabbergasted by the scoring decision. And i usually support the announcers and enjoy listening to them.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I saw the play and would have ruled it a double as well. Obviously tough break for the pitcher. But the 2B tripped. Just one of those things. A little surprised that nobody else was around to help - the ball was in the air forever. The only thing that really surprised me was that the announcers were so flabbergasted by the scoring decision. And i usually support the announcers and enjoy listening to them.

Would have been a great to see the RF step in and make the play when the 2B fell down....I used it as a teaching moment at our last practice!!! Never assume anything and always backup the play, no matter how routine.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Would have been a great to see the RF step in and make the play when the 2B fell down....I used it as a teaching moment at our last practice!!! Never assume anything and always backup the play, no matter how routine.

Memorable play from younger days. And it can be practiced.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kstitz44