10U Swing Eval

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Thoughts on Trout’s bat angle at launch? Does it fall within your acceptable range 😉 ?
It's a little flat. But he and a couple others do a little trick to compensate. They cut the bat length in half by sliding the bat down their shoulder, from toe touch to hip slot.

I think Mantle does the same trick

Aug 20, 2017
IMO the hitter needs to learn how to move forward first (get off the backside). Then learn how to load (coil) as they move forward to help the core/rear leg be in control. Don’t think it can be the other way. Learn how to stride first. The swing is broken down during the stride for most hitters. The brain wants to tell the body to move forward to swing hard. Learn how to get to your spot. I know the OU hitters have gotten everyone’s attention. Not a good thing for teaching hitting IMO.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
IMO the hitter needs to learn how to move forward first (get off the backside). Then learn how to load (coil) as they move forward to help the core/rear leg be in control. Don’t think it can be the other way. Learn how to stride first. The swing is broken down during the stride for most hitters. The brain wants to tell the body to move forward to swing hard. Learn how to get to your spot. I know the OU hitters have gotten everyone’s attention. Not a good thing for teaching hitting IMO.

You do realize that you move forward in the load?

You want a running start, I agree there should be a running start.

Swaggy 44

Banned
Jul 30, 2021
My daughter is 9 and having a hard time hitting. She's a pretty decent fielder and would probably make all-stars if she could just hit, but she rarely hits at all, but when she does they are always softly hit to the infield and are almost always outs. Have gone through a few hitting coaches, it just doesn't seem like she's getting much better, or maybe it's just hard to tell.

Would love some feedback! Drills we can work on to fix her issues would be helpful too!

Well as she gets older that rear leg will get stronger.

How about this....just let her play

Her path is very very good. If she learns to stay in her back leg a lil longer thats great. She look to be around 9 years old....TRUST ME....You dont wanna go down this rabbit hole of these computer hitting, so called gurus. They will have to picking her apart!

LEAVE HER ALONE...The kid is 9 and she uses her hands well and her path to ball is beyond her years...hell she doesnt even drag the bat!

JUST PITCH TO HER...PLAY WHIFFLE BALL. Have fun!

Let her find her strength. You are lucky. Her pattern is already very good

Swaggy 44

Banned
Jul 30, 2021
She doesn’t drag it because she pushes from the start.

Tee’s are fine. If you use the right ones, I have a Tanner tee which gives you true contact, nothing interferes with hitting through the ball. I also use a Utee which is awesome for tempo, true contact.
SEE THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT.

She doesnt push, she may delay her turn a tick....DONT DO THIS. UNREAD ALL OF THIS NONSENSE

Swaggy 44

Banned
Jul 30, 2021
My daughter is 9 and having a hard time hitting. She's a pretty decent fielder and would probably make all-stars if she could just hit, but she rarely hits at all, but when she does they are always softly hit to the infield and are almost always outs. Have gone through a few hitting coaches, it just doesn't seem like she's getting much better, or maybe it's just hard to tell.

Would love some feedback! Drills we can work on to fix her issues would be helpful too!

She incorpoRates her arms....SHES 9. Thats why she takes her hands fwd a tad. SHES WEAK! Not as an insult....AGAIN, SHES 9.

Work on turNing the barrel first...Make the barrel the first thing to move.

She also squats as she swings...very common. She doesnt drag...wow how cool is that not to have to fix!

Just let her hit

Those who hit more, HIT MORE!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802