10U Swing Eval

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2020
Evey kid at every age has people telling them how to swing. All the way until they stop playing. Everyone thinks they know hitting, take Bonesaw for example. 😂 When in reality they now very little because they don’t understand Everyone’s point of view and the flaws in their understanding or correct understanding.

Hitting the ball well is a goal for every swing. That’s the name of the game. The more consistent you are in achieving that goal the better. Hitting the ball well means hard ground balls through the infield as well as the gaps shot. It can even be a hard liner to a fielder.

Consistently hitting the ball well.

That’s the goal. Consistently hitting the ball well.

I'm a little surprised that someone who advocates for Rich's techniques would post this clip as a swing example. If anyone shifts her weight forward into a balanced position prior to launch, it's SR. And look at her point of contact - looks to me like hands/knob to the ball all day:

SierraRomero-POC.JPG

Jun 8, 2016
I'm a little surprised that someone who advocates for Rich's techniques would post this clip as a swing example. If anyone shifts her weight forward into a balanced position prior to launch, it's SR. And look at her point of contact - looks to me like hands/knob to the ball all day:

View attachment 25794
Rich is on record saying he doesn't like SR's swing (at least the batting cage one from a few years ago that he commented on..) so there is that..

May 16, 2019
It looks to me she legit taught knob to the ball. Kids are funny in that many times they will do exactly what you tell them to do. I do like what you said in that it will allow her body to figure out how to swing hard. I just think that could cause more frustration for her.

Do these and she will start to feel stronger. Pretty simple drills. Cool the entire upper body against the hips with feet at 45* angle. Get head to go backwards. She’s gonna want to move forward first few times.

At 8U my GD hit the whole season at a 45 angle. My son didn't like it but didn't understand it but trusted me. I gave her little instruction, just snap the barrel. My 7 yr old GS playing machine pitch was struggling , I also put him in the 45 angle with zero instruction hitting improved. We instruct and practice consciously and perform unconsciously . Adjust you instruction with that in mind.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

View attachment 25794

Yep !!

I6kTszw.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

View attachment 25794

My post had nothing to do with her swing. It was simply used for hitting a ball well consistently. I think the video served the purpose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45