10U Swing Eval

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Swaggy 44

Banned
Jul 30, 2021
Ya. I'd say ditch the tee besides warming up. And instructors too. Throw her a bunch of front toss(take the instructor money and rent cages if you want/have to). Or tennis balls in the back yard. Nothing to coach there I don't think at this point. She also doesn't drag it which is really nice.
HORRENDOUS ADVISE

The tee is where young athletes learn WHERE TO HIT THE BALL

Now you do need to move the t back in her stance...That will also help with fwd arm plunge that she has going on.

AGAIN.....LEAVE HER ALONE!

Swaggy 44

Banned
Jul 30, 2021
Her sequence is off. We want to see the hips/core begin to rotate while the upper body is still resisting. I always look for the rear knee to move forward and start turning prior to the hands/shoulders moving. I would start with her stance.

Stance: rear knee set slightly inside of rear foot, turn the rear foot inward some, get the rear elbow up some (even with top hand), push the hips back (butt out) and lean her chest slightly over (think 45 degree angle with spine). Get her to get into that position every time! Will take some work. Start there and video her hitting on the tee again. Next step will be to get her into a good launch position (where she's at once the stride foot hits the ground). I think tinkering with her stance will help her get to a better launch position.

To have proper sequence she needs to figure out how to get some pull back (not a huge move) with the rear elbow during her stride. Want the lower to begin to rotate while the upper is still resisting (pulling back). That will prevent her from leading with the hands (opposite of knob to the ball). This video details what the upper body needs to do.

CIRCUS PEANUTS!

Swaggy 44

Banned
Jul 30, 2021
Sometimes kids at that age are better just trying to hit the ball hard vs listening (or trying to at least) to well intentioned adults. Time and place for everything..

You do a poor impression of Rich because deep down you aren’t an arse..
LOL!

Rich parrots have infected DFP also?

Jun 22, 2019
I actually agree with shaggy.

Swing is not bad and it looks like the child just needs to get a little stronger…this will happen with time and taking more swings.

Keep her hitting off the tee and doing front toss. She’ll get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016

Swing is not bad and it looks like the child just needs to get a little stronger…this will happen with time and taking more swings.

He is on aisle 9 but I don't think he needs any help..

Swaggy 44

Banned
Jul 30, 2021

Best advise

Leave her alone and do not do hitting by committee!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802