10U player - looking for input

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2017
First year 10U player. We’ve been working on isolation and connection drills and she’s making some improvement. I know there are other issues and I’d like input on what to focus on and what drills may help.

Thanks in advance

Oct 19, 2017
Thanks Shawn. I noted the same as well. We’ll keep working on the one arm drills. Any thoughts on what can help with the rolling action?

Oct 2, 2017
First year 10U player. We’ve been working on isolation and connection drills and she’s making some improvement. I know there are other issues and I’d like input on what to focus on and what drills may help.

Thanks in advance

Pretty nice for her age. If I was you, I would do 2 things. 1 try and keep the chest over , 2 Keep your head and eyes in the fire or action. Above all keep it simple. Also try and video more live swing, front toss and games. It will give a better feel for where she is at to direct what is needed during Bp.

She starts with her head and eyes in the fire/action

Capture5.PNG

Ends with her head and eyes out out of the action. Forcing her to sort of look out of the corner of her eyes.

Capture6.PNG

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017
Pretty nice for her age. If I was you, I would do 2 things. 1 try and keep the chest over , 2 Keep your head and eyes in the fire or action. Above all keep it simple. Also try and video more live swing, front toss and games. It will give a better feel for where she is at to direct what is needed during Bp.

She starts with her head and eyes in the fire/action

View attachment 23853

Ends with her head and eyes out out of the action. Forcing her to sort of look out of the corner of her eyes.

View attachment 23854

Really appreciate the feedback. This is something her coach also identified and I always forget.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13