Ximena 9yo Spring 23'

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Your back hip must start ahead (toward the pitcher) of the back foot.
dfp-2023-0328-1-0.00.jpg
Your hip is over the back foot (orange), it should be like yellow.

When you start over the back foot, you must hike the front hip (orange)(bad) in order to get moving, which straightens your front leg (red)(bad) at landing.
dfp-2023-0328-2-0.00.jpg

You MUST land on a very bent front leg.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Yea, looks to be abaf. I would pay attention to how the whole body is used to move one forward.

TepTuuk.gif

Rev the engine. Not all show movement, he is playing with load, especially with the back leg/hip.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Your back hip must start ahead (toward the pitcher) of the back foot.
View attachment 27680
Your hip is over the back foot (orange), it should be like yellow.

When you start over the back foot, you must hike the front hip (orange)(bad) in order to get moving, which straightens your front leg (red)(bad) at landing.
View attachment 27681

You MUST land on a very bent front leg.

In my early studies, I found that the hands are never behind the back foot. In the stance or during the load. Despite what my early exposure to Dave Hudgens said.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Rev the engine. Not all show movement, he is playing with load, especially with the back leg/hip.
Yes, we know maintaining the rear leg hip relationship is important after getting fyb. Lets not try to make it more then it is.

MlYn2Sp.gif

Aug 20, 2017
It looks like coaches have yelled at her to “load up, load up”. So she shifts all her weight back, pauses, and then moves forward. I like to think of the load and the stride as being the same thing. You load during the stride (keeps her back). You don’t load then stride (abaf).

The load begins with the knee lift (picking front foot up).

Try This
Setup (very important)
-toes 45 degrees, knob neutral, neck slot, all weight on rear leg. Get the setup right!
- pick front foot up and coil simultaneously
- keep loading as she begins to move forward
- Exaggerate the Slowness

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478