What makes a bad softball parent?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 28, 2008
One who is more concerned about the players performance, than the relationship they have with the player.

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
I didn't personally see this, but heard this from several sources about a mom of a player who we played with one season:

Cussing out the coaches and the umps during a game and then yanking off the team shirt and walking topless out of the ballpark may rank up there pretty high in the no-no list!!

Mar 13, 2010
A parent who is in it for their child and ONLY their child. I have seen parents who refuse to cheer for anyone but their special snowflake.

Feb 17, 2011
One whose voice carries big time and honestly doesnt know everyone is hearing what they are saying. lol

Oct 18, 2009
One of my pet peeve's is the parent you hear the loudest; and its always only for his/her kid; even when the play is not involving them. One parent in one of our last games was cheering for his kid in the on deck circle while the other at bat was still going on.

I also can't stand non-coach parents giving technical instruction to their kid while pitching or batting during games. Do that in practice! not the game!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA