Icing after a tournament

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ConorMacleod

Practice Like You Play
Jul 30, 2012
Seems to me she was just simply out of pitching shape after only pitching once a week for the past month. Same thing happens to me around the holidays, then I'm sore as heck when I start working out again. Rest, and pitching 3-4 days a week as a regular regimen should do the trick.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
The use of ice on the body joints is referred to as 'Ice therapy' for an injury. As one poster said, if you must ice, you are treating an injury.

NEVER ice between games, once you ice you are done for the day.

Ice for 20 minutes on, 20 off, 20 on, 20 off, 20 on,. 20 off and thats all..

Sore is natural after muscle use. There is definately a difference between being sore from muscle use and sore from a more serious injury (muscle strains, ligamate / tendon inflamation, etc). Sadly, a large aamount of the time, the young players will not discern the difference between thw two levels. This where us old farts must step and poke , prod, rub and make an adult decision.

Also, never simply ask them if they are OK to go. They will say yes so they wont be taken out of the game. Again, one of old fdarts might have to step in and make the intelligent decision.

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
She pitched this past weekend and wasn't sore Sunday, so I'm thinking she was just out of shape after being off for those weeks. Thanks for all the advice!

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
She pitched this past weekend and wasn't sore Sunday, so I'm thinking she was just out of shape after being off for those weeks. Thanks for all the advice!

Great News.... Hopeing she'll keep it up all the way to her Highest Goal !!! and get to go out and enjoy the Celebrations after all her Games!!! Won't want to sign the autographs if the fingers are tingling. :{))

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd