Leaving team after 6weeks

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Where was the other team that "needs her" during tryouts? Looking back over the last 10 years we were lucky that DD was always the #3 pitcher at the start of every season.. and by the final game in every single year she ended up being the #1. It was the grind that built her into a real pitcher. I would suspect that if she was given the title as #1 pitcher day 1 that she would have never pushed herself to her limits. Things like who's number 1, 2 or 3 in fall ball mean little. The game sorts out who the real #1 is. The player needs to have the fire to push to be #1 We must do the thing we think we can not do.

Fighting to stay #1 can be just as motivating as becoming #1. All depends on the team and the girls, of course.

May 13, 2023
I agree, not to mention they are not robots and sometimes you need everyone. It is really good to not have a big gap between #1-3.
✔️

Many people think the starting pitcher gets the number one spot (title)
However after a team starts getting on them hitting. It's really important to have
a pitcher who can come in and shut down the hitters that are already hitting.
That title is very Worthy!

Apr 14, 2022
✔️

Many people think the starting pitcher gets the number one spot (title)
However after a team starts getting on them hitting. It's really important to have
a pitcher who can come in and shut down the hitters that are already hitting.
That title is very Worthy!
Or if a team has rallied from like 3 runs down the game prior to yours, look out. Lol. Big difference pitching to hot confident bats.

DD’s team adopted the strategy of she would start game 1 of bracket. Then relieve rest of the day. Normally did pretty good but also a few lows.

I had to tell her the greatest reliever of all time in mlb still had 80 blown saves and lost a World Series.

Jul 6, 2023
Where was the other team that "needs her" during tryouts? Looking back over the last 10 years we were lucky that DD was always the #3 pitcher at the start of every season.. and by the final game in every single year she ended up being the #1. It was the grind that built her into a real pitcher. I would suspect that if she was given the title as #1 pitcher day 1 that she would have never pushed herself to her limits. Things like who's number 1, 2 or 3 in fall ball mean little. The game sorts out who the real #1 is. The player needs to have the fire to push to be #1 We must do the thing we think we can
Also was just thinking about what you wrote here. Did you mean that for 10 years straight you either changed teams or 2 new pitchers came onto your DD team that were better than she was? I would love to know the answer as she ended up being so successful.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Most coaches like to win and they aren't putting better players on the bench or not playing (pitching) them. Are you winning games and tournaments?

They're not intentionally doing this, but it certainly does happen because coaches have blind spots or are poor evaluators of talent.

I'm dealing with a situation with another sport right now. Getting a lot of complaints about certain girls playing/not playing, and from the games I've seen, those complaints have merit. Once the season is done, I have to figure out how to talk my coach about it without coming across as dictating who plays. She might have a very good reason or two for her decisions, but as an outside observer, they don't make much sense.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles