Icing after a tournament

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
I know after I had elbow surgery. The PT would have me start off with heat for 15 mins. and after the session would have me ice it for 10 mins..

Mar 13, 2010
Example: Why do you think pitchers are always wearing jackets or warming sleeves during the cold months, gotta keep those arms warm and loose.

Pitchers should be wearing jackets all year round. I've been made fun of for standing there in a jacket in 40 degree heat (104 Farenheit) Yes I might only have it over my pitching arm, but it does help.

I managed to strain my forearm last week (overuse and then stretched wrong at first. One of the guys went to stretch it and I burst into tears. Very painful) and it was all ice followed with Voltaren tablets (anti-inflamitories) and Voltaren cream. Was able to pitch the next day with minimal pain. Add to that a shoulder massage and I'm as good as new now.

I do get a full body massage once a month to get the kinks out. It can be tortorous but as I'm getting older it helps SOOOO much.

Heat and ice only once you're finished.

edited because 104 Celcius and 104 Farenheit are VERY different things!

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
My next question, how is the best way to go about this? Are there actual contraptions to use, or is plain ol seran wrap the best way to go?

She's much less sore today, but we're opting out of pitching lessons this afternoon anyway.

Jan 3, 2011
Depends On The Day
"Total Ice Therapy" makes some very useful Ice Therapy equipment that is easily used. Here's a picture of one of their shoulder wraps:

tiss.jpg

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Still in the Ice age ??? No disrespect, but I don't agree. I don't have the time right now to drag up the info, but just want to decent. If you need anything, then something is wrong. Don't suppress the situation, figure out the root cause. Looks like you spent the last month packaging the post.... research & HD photos correctly loaded... bet you had to hire...I'll admit, I hired my model too, but it only cost a cheeseburger... lol

Save you all some time... DMSO as you were told last time.

Animation%20fat-shirtless-guy-eating-cheeseburger-2-4.gif

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) is an organosulfur compound with the formula (CH3)2SO. This colorless liquid is an important polar aprotic solvent that dissolves both polar and nonpolar compounds and is miscible in a wide range of organic solvents as well as water. It penetrates the skin very readily, giving it the unusual property for many individuals of being secreted onto the surface of the tongue after contact with the skin and causing a garlic-like taste in the mouth
Now do I win what that gut is eating?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODorr