Your New Years resolutions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 29, 2013
NY Resolution? Easy, remember this (read it here and on Twitter IIRC): Instead of analyzing your DD's performance after a game or practice, just tell her "I love to watch you play." Please help me keep this one longer than a month. :)

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
NY Resolution? Easy, remember this (read it here and on Twitter IIRC): Instead of analyzing your DD's performance after a game or practice, just tell her "I love to watch you play." Please help me keep this one longer than a month. :)

that's an awesome one....... probably as hard as losing weight.

I agree with WM... we'll be revisiting this one

Mar 21, 2013
Just to slow my roll! Sometimes it's tough, but I need to just slow down and enjoy the ride. My DD is only 9 but what a great ride it's been already. Not to hijack posts, but these were right up my alley as well...

Drink smarter at tourneys.

Red Solo cups are just to obvious any more.

Spend less money on random softball stuff
Laugh more during practices and games
Ignore the politics AND the people that go with it
Work less/play more
Take up kickball..... LOL

1. Be as patient and understanding with my DD's as I am with the other players in the team
2. Get that batting cage setup in the backyard

I need to keep my mouth shut at games more. Don't get sucked in with the gripers and complainers and try not to be one myself either.

Also every time I get annoyed with the less competitive team that we chose for this spring I am going to remind myself of the well thought out reasons behind it and try to remember that this is a necessary evil that we purposely stepped in to. So my motto for this spring is going to try to be "it is what it is" and "in light of the bigger picture this is where we chose to be".

I do a great job of doing the right thing on the outside. That is, I generally keep quiet, and generally stay positive when I don't keep quiet.

I'd just like to do a better job of not worrying, or not getting up or down based on how DD might be performing. Not sure I know how (or want) to do that, though.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Enjoy this last season of softball. Senior year of HS. And to not tease my DW for crying at every "last" this year. Like last tourney, last away game, last home game, last at bat (ok that one choked me up a bit just thinking it)...

May 6, 2014
Low and outside
Accept that DD isn't going to put in the work to be the player she could be in either softball or field hockey, and also accept that as a soon-to-be 14-year-old it is her choice what she wants to get out of playing.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Accept that DD isn't going to put in the work to be the player she could be in either softball or field hockey, and also accept that as a soon-to-be 14-year-old it is her choice what she wants to get out of playing.

I like this. I have already heard from DD #3 on this, her PC, one or both of her sisters, and DW. Maybe they are trying to tell me something? (Although DD #3 is a soon-to-be 13 y.o., as in her birthday is Saturday, at which point all 4 of my kids will be teenagers.)

Mar 26, 2013
My list last year...
1639781-9-1387790567327-n400.jpg

Hmm, just need to change the year...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom