You...make...the....call!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
Agreed cool action shots.

As an umpire I get hives seeing not just one but two defensive coaches on the field with a bucket and two loose balls (not to mention the hives from a field with no chalk). But maybe I’m just jealous that we’re not even close to being outside yet...

Mar 6, 2016
Agreed cool action shots.

As an umpire I get hives seeing not just one but two defensive coaches on the field with a bucket and two loose balls (not to mention the hives from a field with no chalk). But maybe I’m just jealous that we’re not even close to being outside yet...

Yep, every umpire seems to have their own policy about coaches and buckets on the field outside the dugout. From a coaches point of view, I prefer the umps that let us at least right outside the doorway. Can't stand being confined inside the dugout. :censored:

No chalk allowed out here in so cal for many fields during covid. (Don't ask me how they game is "ok" but the chalk isn't. I don't get it either.)

Same for masks. Some teams/fans are 100% some are 0%.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Cool shots...but not enough info to make a call. It does look like a good time to use an outside hook slide, however ;)

Jun 8, 2016
Out..just because you didn't actually post that for any of us to make a call.. ;)

Mar 6, 2016
Out..just because you didn't actually post that for any of us to make a call.. ;)

Actually, I did. Just for fun. I remember some sort of gameshow or tv show back in the 70s where the host said something similar. I mean I know the photos aren't not much to go on, but sometimes as we watch games we see what happens but sometimes we see things differently.

So, just based on photos whatchya think? You got a 50/50 chance!! lol

Jun 8, 2016
Actually, I did. Just for fun. I remember some sort of gameshow or tv show back in the 70s where the host said something similar. I mean I know the photos aren't not much to go on, but sometimes as we watch games we see what happens but sometimes we see things differently.

So, just based on photos whatchya think? You got a 50/50 chance!! lol
You cannot see the plate.....Also I agree with @Eric F with regards to the hook slide and considering it is -4 degrees right now with another 8" of snow coming tomorrow on top of the 8" we got yesterday screw you for posting ball pics :p

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06