Wow!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2017
These top players have player agents like the pros. They will get what they can. Since NIL it’s a free for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Somebody should do a documentary someday, Softball Greats 10 Years After. It would be interesting to see how things turn out for these players. Did they squander their NIL money, are they using their degree, married, children, involved in softball? Are they sitting on a bucket throwing side toss, living in a one bedroom apartment scraping by?
The portal and the NIL money has really changed softball for the worse. TBS, I can't blame her for taking the money. I would do the same thing.

Feb 19, 2024
Kansas
Yeah that's the crazy part. In all of the interviews I've seen with her here in Topeka, she has talked about how important her education is and that's why she wanted to go to Stanford. Obviously she could always go back and finish her degree but still surprising.
I hope she got her Stanford degree. If not, this is crazy.

Oct 14, 2019
Is there really that much NIL money (in addition to merchandise/marketing money) for softball players? Also, it seems like a lot of players post-graduation end up in a state of limbo trying to hold on to their softball dreams while delaying the pursuit of a career.

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
Somebody should do a documentary someday, Softball Greats 10 Years After.
✔️?

There could be a documentary done now!! Could include many softball players who are holding down the fort as head coaches and assistant coaches at colleges Across the Nation.

Here are six that I know of just out of Long Beach. At the Collegiate level.
Patty Gasso- OU played at Long Beach State-3rd base

Kim Sowder- LBS played at Long Beach State- Shortstop

Marion Speedy Mendoza- Fullerton jc, played at Long Beach State- 2nd base
Speedy also coached one of the pro teams.

There are three other players from Long Beach State also coaching at the collegiate level.(that I know of, Unfortunately cannot remember their names. Try to get back on that.)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogoff1968