windmill pitching machine

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
While searching online for a new pitching machine, I came across a machine that actually performs a windmill prior to releasing... and I also found an attachment for a jugs that will windmill.
The "pro" to this in my opinion is, the batters eyes will follow the ball throughout the motion. But how fluid is it and does anyone have any experience with this machine or the jugs attachment?

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2009
While searching online for a new pitching machine, I came across a machine that actually performs a windmill prior to releasing... and I also found an attachment for a jugs that will windmill.
The "pro" to this in my opinion is, the batters eyes will follow the ball throughout the motion. But how fluid is it and does anyone have any experience with this machine or the jugs attachment?

Would you share the link for the jugs attachment?

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
www.k-tee.com. www.softball-pitching-machine.com
I'm not very computer literate...and I don't know how to post a link... but if you just do a keyword search of "windmill pitching machine". You will find a machine with three small wheels and another one that's just an attachment onto a single wheel jugs... the jugs attachment is called a j-mo

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2013
Maryland
We have a facility that uses the windmill motion machine here in Maryland. Not a big fan of it. You lost site of the ball as it comes around the back side, and the drop action of the arm to release is much faster than a pitchers.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
The jugs attachment doesn't provide a realistic simulation of the pitching motion so its not worth using, let alone purchasing IMO.

The only machine I've seen that is close to realistic is the Pro-Batter Simulator - a 3-wheeled machine synchronized with video projection i.e., a video of the pitcher going through the motion is projected on a screen in front of the machine and the ball is launched from behind the screen through a hole near the hip when the pitcher reaches the release point. Expensive, starting at something like $30 or 40k I think. Local facility had one on lease, but the demand for it wasn't there and they replaced it with a standard 3-wheeler. Myself, I felt the benefits were real and justified the 50% cage rental surcharge.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06