Wilson A2k 1721 vs Wilson A2k David Wright

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Yes. A very good breakdown. I think I will wait for her to get the new HOH custom catching mitt then see if she loves that get her to make a HOH 206 since it seems most agree that is the best glove for this purpose. Thanks for all the input though. The catching mitt was easy, this infielding mitt causing me head aches haha.
No need for headaches, order a Pro1000 from Don Morton’s, it’s like having a custom to your door in two days for a $100 bucks less than a custom….winner winner!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yes. A very good breakdown. I think I will wait for her to get the new HOH custom catching mitt then see if she loves that get her to make a HOH 206 since it seems most agree that is the best glove for this purpose. Thanks for all the input though. The catching mitt was easy, this infielding mitt causing me head aches haha.
Originally, you were talking about an A2K or A2000, and now it's a HOH. What made you change your mind?

My daughters both have custom Rawlings that I got for them. The catcher has the HOH and loves it. It was a serious improvement over the previous Liberty Advanced she had been using. My younger daughter has a custom HOH and Pro Preferred. I like the Pro Preferred better, but she likes the HOH better. I think it's more about the selection with the HOH. Much to the chagrin of @ANNASDAD, neither of my girls likes tan.

Sep 10, 2024
Originally, you were talking about an A2K or A2000, and now it's a HOH. What made you change your mind?

My daughters both have custom Rawlings that I got for them. The catcher has the HOH and loves it. It was a serious improvement over the previous Liberty Advanced she had been using. My younger daughter has a custom HOH and Pro Preferred. I like the Pro Preferred better, but she likes the HOH better. I think it's more about the selection with the HOH. Much to the chagrin of @ANNASDAD, neither of my girls likes tan.
Haha. Yes same. My daughter does not like tan. We were on Wilson because she like the colored custom builds, the way they look, much better than Rawlings. You cant even tell diff between navy blue and black on rawlings custom builder. So its a matter of getting my daughter to agree to a Rawlings infield and see if she can make a custom she likes. If she liked whole glove tan, we would have ordered the Horween Pro1000 already. I am hoping when she gets her custom HOH catchers mitt, also replacing a Liberty Rawlings, she will decide she wants a Pro206. If not I might have to go with Wilson DW5 and hope she likes it. I am going to see if my patience will win out lmao.

Sep 10, 2024
Also if consensus was the DW5 or 1721 was basically the same as a Rawlings 206 pattern, which I know was kinda said, then it might have been easier to pull the trigger on that. Instead everyone kinda seems to like the 206 a littel or a lot better than the DW5/1721 so it makes me want to convince her of Rawlings for infield mitt.

Sep 19, 2018
I think my dd wants a custom pink glove. I told her I’d go halvsies but was planning on her getting something in team colors. Not pink

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Haha. Yes same. My daughter does not like tan. We were on Wilson because she like the colored custom builds, the way they look, much better than Rawlings. You cant even tell diff between navy blue and black on rawlings custom builder. So its a matter of getting my daughter to agree to a Rawlings infield and see if she can make a custom she likes. If she liked whole glove tan, we would have ordered the Horween Pro1000 already. I am hoping when she gets her custom HOH catchers mitt, also replacing a Liberty Rawlings, she will decide she wants a Pro206. If not I might have to go with Wilson DW5 and hope she likes it. I am going to see if my patience will win out lmao.
Give me a color scheme / theme, I’ll mock you up a 206 to her liking. 😉

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiffanym