Why I don't pay for Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
Antoinette D. Smith
January 21 near Vacaville, CA ·

Why I don't pay for Softball....

The other night someone asked me " Why do you pay so much money for your daughter to play softball?" Well I have a confession to make, We don't pay for softball. Personally, I love watching her play and my husband played baseball growing up and was excited to be able to watch my daughter play the sport that I grew to love.

So if I'm not paying for softball then what am I paying for? I pay for the moments when my daughter becomes so tired she wants to quit but doesn't. I pay for those days when my daughter comes home from school with tons of homework and is "too tired" to go to practice but shows up anyways. I pay for my daughter to learn to work well with others and to be a good team mate. I pay for my daughter to deal with disappointment, when she doesn't get the position she's hoping for, but still has to work hard for the one she received. I pay for my daughter to make and accomplish goals. I pay for my daughter to learn that it takes hours and hours of hard work and practice to create something beautiful, and that success dose not happen overnight. I pay for the opportunity that my daughter will have and to make life-long friendships. I pay for the opportunities that she may have in the future because she learned how to be a student-athlete.

I could go on but to be short, I don't pay for Softball, I pay for the opportunities that softball provides my daughter to develop her attributes that will serve her well throughout her life and give her the opportunity to bless the lives of others. From what I have seen so far it is a great investment.

I am sure other parents get the same question "Why do you pay for dance?" "Why do you pay for soccer club?" "Why does your kid swim year round?"...... I just think it is important to realize what we are paying for.

pay_for_zpsvttdm61w.png

Mar 13, 2015
Omaha, Ne
There's so much true to this I love it! Im often asked how much do we spend on softball and I just laugh. The great people we've met through softball we consider family. There's no money that can replace that. The life lessons my DDs get out of this are priceless.

Sent from my

Nov 17, 2010
Maybe Ms. Smith should pay for softball.

That stance is horrendous.
Too far from the plate.
Need to have a two eye look at the pitcher.
Put a helmet on! This isn't golf!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13