Why do pitchers want to be pitchers?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Why do pitchers want to be pitchers? 🤔

Is it a personality type?
Center of attraction?
Leadership thing?
My dad/mom said i had to?

Whats the deal with pitchers? 🤷‍♀️ :)

Sep 3, 2015
I have no idea. My DD is quiet and doesn't like attention, but somehow she ended up a pitcher.

I think it's the competition, and it really feels good to be great at something. Something about pitcher vs batter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019
For my DD, it’s the limelight! She loves to be on stage & in front of a microphone, too! I’m sure it’s a birth order thing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 23, 2016
DD likes to be part of every play and she doesn't mind being the center of attention. She also likes the feeling of power when she's in the circle.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
We just started pitching lessons last week. But for my daughter(10u), its bc some other players decided to bail on the team, and we are left with no pitchers as of now.
Now prior to that happening she mentioned wanting to learn but never thought she'd have a chance this year bc the other pitchers obviously had experience. Nothing like trial by fire now I guess.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
For my DD I think it is being in the action every play. She hates to have attention drawn to her, but she is competitive and wants to be in control of the situation.

Jan 28, 2017
Asked my DD (14) because my little league coach said, I was the only one that could throw it to first if they happened to hit my heat. Lol.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414