How to adjust to a trench?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Hello everyone, as our pitchers go in the circle and do their thing, a trench is made in front of the rubber.

Most of the pitchers on the other teams are a bit taller so they seem not to be affected by it since they can easily stride to the front of it.

Our pitchers are on the shorter end so they end up trying to avoid the trench, which absolutely impacts their technique since they kind of jump over the trench.

I've told my daughter to shift over on the rubber, but she still seems to be really conscious of the trench, which I can completely understand. Nobody wants an injury.

Is there a good solution for our shorter pitchers?

Sep 19, 2018
unfortunately, this is just part of the game. Move to the other side of the mound. If this is your home field, you could put in mound bricks across the landing area and that will fix the issue.

There are other brands but here is an example.

unfortunately, this is just part of the game. Move to the other side of the mound. If this is your home field, you could put in mound bricks across the landing area and that will fix the issue.

There are other brands but here is an example.
Yeah I figured there was nothing really to be done aside from telling our girls to adjust. I was just wondering if there was a good way to tell them how to. I'm assuming a righty should adjust a bit to the left since their stride foot is left?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish