While in Colorado...who you watching/following?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
I've paid attention to the 14U IDT scores. Some of the run differentials seem way too big for a high=end tournament.
I can't say about the IDT but the Speakler National Power Pool essentially seeds off of one game with those box brackets.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
How have the fields been?

No idea, personally. I had to stay home back in Chicago. Someone has to work to pay for all this stuff. LOL. I did talk to my daughter about the infield quality. She said the infields at the IDT were very poor overall. A few of the fields were ok at best but many of the infields were terrible.

DD's team got hammered in the semi's. Lost 8-0. Finished tied for 3rd place.

Last edited:
May 18, 2019
16u supplemental power pool and some cereal box zones...my DD loved Trying to compete with great hitters and a college zone. Excellent practice for college. Fences are a bit short for the air and teams IMHO, but I did see 2 spectacular hone run robbing dives over as a result. Our team ticked off 8 straight wins with my DD digging deeper than ever before. A weekend I'll never forget. As a pitchers dad, one other recommendation...don't try to cover mound holes with sand...both pitchers just dig it out. Clay or nothing and clay before the tourney is really important.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Congrats and yeah those fields are hard as concrete. Not sure if they fixed the huge bump on the outside of the infield. If you are sitting down, you cannot see the LF's ankles and feet. East Mapleton in Boulder.
No idea, personally. I had to stay home back in Chicago. Someone has to work to pay for all this stuff. LOL. I did talk to my daughter about the infield quality. She said the infields at the IDT were very poor overall. A few of the fields were ok at best but many of the infields were terrible.

DD's team got hammered in the semi's. Lost 8-0. Finished tied for 3rd place.

Nov 18, 2022
Watched the field crew at Aurora sports park on Friday night fill in holes at the batters box's and around the pitching rubber with new clay and then run a jumping jack ramming hammer- made for a solid surface

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 19, 2020
Final time in Colorado with my daughter who is headed off to college. Their 18U team hit 27 HRs in 9 games... every girl in the lineup 1-10 had at least one. Bats are just too juiced these days and the ball does not spin in CO. But good pitching and D still wins games and championships. Our org's 16u team actually hit 30 HRs in their 10 games-- just silly video game numbers putting up 20 runs on teams effortlessly.

They need to use reduced flight balls.

And the ground was very hard...like concrete.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl