While in Colorado...who you watching/following?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
I've paid attention to the 14U IDT scores. Some of the run differentials seem way too big for a high=end tournament.
Have commented that about certain College conferences also.

However with IDT seems they could have maybe more control of who is selected to keep the competition competition? Or the buddy system influences it more. ?‍♀️

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I've paid attention to the 14U IDT scores. Some of the run differentials seem way too big for a high=end tournament.
There are non published power pools within each age division, but you can figure it pretty easily. It is more pronounced in the 16u/18U divisions. 14U it's a little harder to group teams because of lack of experience and history. Every year could be a little different based on who they got.

They will be seeded in a single elimination bracket once the 6 pool games are played. Even if you get a 1 seed in your NON power pool, you will face a 8th seed from a power pool team, which makes it difficult to advance. A Non power pool 8th seed could potential face a Power Pool 1 seed.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Looking at some of the scores, I thought it was a football tournament. 20 to 17. 18 to 16 type scores pretty common. Small strike zones, thin air, 90 degree temps, breeze blowing out, short fences at 200 feet equals lots of HRs. Routine fly balls float like balloons. Seen two that short hopped the 300 foot fence. Pitchers nightmare. Must keep ball down and only throw riseballs out of the zone.

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
Looking at some of the scores, I thought it was a football tournament. 20 to 17. 18 to 16 type scores pretty common. Small strike zones, thin air, 90 degree temps, breeze blowing out, short fences at 200 feet equals lots of HRs. Routine fly balls float like balloons. Seen two that short hopped the 300 foot fence. Pitchers nightmare. Must keep ball down and only throw riseballs out of the zone.
How would you rate the pitching you are seeing? What you expected? Above or below what you expected?

Aug 5, 2022
Our 18u hasn’t seen any small strike zones. High school style zones in our bracket but I can tell you that batbusters stith team can hit from the tops of their head to their shoes . Unbelievably good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Have commented that about certain College conferences also.

However with IDT seems they could have maybe more control of who is selected to keep the competition competition? Or the buddy system influences it more. ?‍♀️
Daughter is in the 16 IDT Longmont. I am very surprised at some of the teams that are not in this tournament but are in the Sparkler. I am talking about a few of the top 16u teams in the country that certainly belong in the IDT. There are some teams in the IDT that certainly do not belong.

Jul 18, 2022
Here in Colorado Springs, for Sparklers Juniors. Pool play was as expected. Bracket play has been exciting with some good games. I've been following some IDT, mainly Batbusters teams since it's our org.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Daughter is in the 16 IDT Longmont. I am very surprised at some of the teams that are not in this tournament but are in the Sparkler. I am talking about a few of the top 16u teams in the country that certainly belong in the IDT. There are some teams in the IDT that certainly do not belong.
iDT is not your mother's IDT. Good ole boys club even if good ole boy hasn't had a good team in the last 5 years.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Some teams choose Sparkler/Fireworks. Some choose IDT. Remember there are 85 teams in the 18U Boulder tourney. They all can't be top 30 teams.

Once you qualify to get in, you do your best to stay in. We played a Team LI team one year that didn't have any pitchers. The opposing team had to pitch against their own team. Nothing like hitting a bomb off your own pitcher. LOL. They had to take a 7-0 loss for each game. If your team no shows, you might not get an invite to come back. Bombers Smith used to play Fireworks, looks they are in the IDT now. Have fun and good luck today.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Some teams choose Sparkler/Fireworks. Some choose IDT. Remember there are 85 teams in the 18U Boulder tourney. They all can't be top 30 teams.

Once you qualify to get in, you do your best to stay in. We played a Team LI team one year that didn't have any pitchers. The opposing team had to pitch against their own team. Nothing like hitting a bomb off your own pitcher. LOL. They had to take a 7-0 loss for each game. If your team no shows, you might not get an invite to come back. Bombers Smith used to play Fireworks, looks they are in the IDT now. Have fun and good luck today.
Yeah, Angel's organization has passed their sell by date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl