While in Colorado...who you watching/following?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
All I know is Mojo Lewis 16u has a pitcher from Maine, they are in Aurora.....loosely following them because, Maine.......couldn't even tell you which tournament

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
All I know is Mojo Lewis 16u has a pitcher from Maine, they are in Aurora.....loosely following them because, Maine.......couldn't even tell you which tournament
DeRoche is a very good player. She was Gatorade POY in Maine. She used to play for the RI Thunder, but she left for Mojo after PGF last year. Oddly enough, she was a great hitter with the Thunder, but she's a PO for Mojo.

Oh, and they're running her into the ground. She's pitched 36 2/3 innings in seven games over four days.

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
Daughter is in the 16 IDT Longmont. I am very surprised at some of the teams that are not in this tournament but are in the Sparkler. I am talking about a few of the top 16u teams in the country that certainly belong in the IDT. There are some teams in the IDT that certainly do not belong.
Perhaps all the Colorado venues have gotten so jam packed they have lost the value of some of these titled events ?‍♀️?

LOL now that I think about it , what is the breakdown of the tier of so-called levels of competition in colorado?

Whats top now? ?

Jun 19, 2016
Looking at some of the scores, I thought it was a football tournament. 20 to 17. 18 to 16 type scores pretty common. Small strike zones, thin air, 90 degree temps, breeze blowing out, short fences at 200 feet equals lots of HRs. Routine fly balls float like balloons. Seen two that short hopped the 300 foot fence. Pitchers nightmare. Must keep ball down and only throw riseballs out of the zone.
In the 16U Power Pool we have seen some ridiculously small strike zones. With the thin air and big hitters it makes it tough on pitchers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl