WHAT WOULD HELP MORE?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
What would help your team more?
1 better pitcher?
Or
3 better hitters?

Hmmm?

ENJOY ?

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
What would help your team more?
1 better pitcher?
Or
3 better hitters?

Hmmm?

ENJOY ?

Unless the "1 better pitcher" becomes your *best* pitcher,
I'd say 3 better hitters.

and even then, I still might say the same answer...

BUT - also depends upon what age level.
At 18U K's are a lot harder to come by than at 12U.
(My answer was based upon 18U)

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
So I'm treating "better" as "better than what I currently have," though that may not be how you meant it.

I want the better pitcher.

I can make 3 girls into better hitters a lot easier and in less time than I can make 1 girl into a better pitcher. I perpetually need another pitcher. We do a good enough job of having enough girls who can hit well enough to keep us in games.

Plus, the better pitcher means less need for offense. While it should work the other way around, I don't think 3 better hitters are going to make up for marathon innings on defense.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
WHAT? I need all four of them. How else am I going to be recognized as a great coach. ;)

Apr 26, 2019
This may be a touch philosophical but "better" than what?

Is the line up already average+ at the "weak" portion with 4-5 girls that have high batting averages and good power as well?

Do you already have a pitcher that is overpowering and dominant. The rest are good control or "junk" pitchers who aren't striking everyone out but are getting outs all over the field with the help of the rest of her team?

In the words of my eight year old soccer playing DD, "Daddy, we don't need anything else. We have everything we need already."

Y'all are now excused from this Zen moment. :)

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
This may be a touch philosophical but "better" than what?

Is the line up already average+ at the "weak" portion with 4-5 girls that have high batting averages and good power as well?

Do you already have a pitcher that is overpowering and dominant. The rest are good control or "junk" pitchers who aren't striking everyone out but are getting outs all over the field with the help of the rest of her team?

In the words of my eight year old soccer playing DD, "Daddy, we don't need anything else. We have everything we need already."

Y'all are now excused from this Zen moment. :)
You go ZEN moment!

Simply from the different perspectives of people...
This post may go no-where or produce a pattern or not!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbatistejr