What a great day playing softball!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
My wife and I coached our 2 daughters 8u team and had our first game today. Our league works off a draft system and I felt very good about the girls we ended up with. We only had two & half weeks to get ready for the first game and we squeezed in 10 practices. Well it all paid off today. Our girls ended up winning 10 -1 today. 10 out of the 12 girls got hits. Many of these girls had never played softball before this year and we were so proud of them. My daughter almost had a 3 run homer at her first at bat but instead got out going back to third when her Mom (the third base coach) called her back instead of letting her go home. Mom feels terrible but DD was excited to bring in 2 runs on her first bat of the year.
Her younger sister (6yo) even had a triple and multiple RBIs herself. It was great to see the entire team and their parents so excited. To top it off it was my wifes birthday and she got just what she wanted.

482413_616343768391527_1359069215_n.jpg

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
... and the journey begins. Have a good time along the way. Smile a lot and cherish the time you have. It will go so fast. Congratulations on that first win however, remember what is so much more important than winning games is winning kids.

Jan 22, 2011
Fun, fun, fun. I'm the head coach of my daughter's 8u team and our opening day was today. It was cold and cloudy the last couple days, but today was sunny and warm. A great day to play softball!

Dec 7, 2011
DW & I just the other day reminisced about the LL days where as we look back everything was so innocent. For the girls that is. I still remember the draft for our LL system and how we “emotional” coaches would huddle up and break down each girls capabilities on spreadsheets where we would assess things like “can she even catch”….

I feel so “geeky” now looking back to this remembering the level of intensity we would insert into the draft. The coaching teams would stare out across the table at each other like a bunch of Texas-Hold’em players in Vegas.

But back then all we knew was LL and being #1 in the local area….. Wow…… Things were so simple then….

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
Thank you and y"all are so right about building great family memories. There is still a bit of sadness for the girls on the other team since we know most of them and there parents. I think our coaches were cheering their girls on as much if not more than their coaches.
Now as far as the journey just starting, you guys have scared me posting the yearly money spent figures on travel ball. I am not sure how far I will let it go. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl