Week Long July Tourneys - Central/East US

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 12, 2014
Folks,

My DD's team (10U - B) is putting the final touches on their schedule for next summer. We are looking for a great week long tournament somewhere in the Central/Eastern US in the month of July (2nd half would be best). We are looking for this to be the capstone experience for the season and would like it to be at a vacation-type destination. We were looking at Ripken in Myrtle Beach but they have pulled the plug on the 10U tournament. There doesn't seem to be anything of note near Cooperstown. The team did Disney last year, so the consensus seems to be to stay away from Florida.

Does anyone have any thoughts they'd be willing to share?

Thanks!

Nov 3, 2012
Heres some posibilities.

SEAA World series in Pigeon Forge, TN July 20th -26th. (good vacation spot)
NSA B world series in Indianpolis July 20th to 26th. Not the best tourist spot but close to Chicaogo
All sanctioned world series in Columbus, OH July 31, August 2nd.
USSSA has a world series in Ocean City, MD ( Good Beach)
USFA in Panama City Fl- July 19th to 24th Fun town in the panhandle and different than Orlando

Sep 17, 2009
In the Midwest PGF has been running what they call a "regional nationals" the past few years, mostly at older levels but I think it is expanding this year to lower levels. It is becoming a big and very good tournament, and is week-long (Wed-Sunday-style) the second to last week in July. It is run in the Chicago suburbs but you could stay in the city and/or certainly spend a bunch of time there, Chicago in the summer is beautiful with lots to do -- even a beach...sort of : )

Good luck.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Boy, I guess some teams and their families are LOADED ($$$$).

With my oldest daughter (now 30), we went to a tournament in Fort Collins, CO, and thought that was quite a softball trip (from northern Utah).

One of my son's is a pilot, so we can fly almost anywhere for next to nothing, but for others it's not that easy.

Dec 20, 2012
Sparkler is great. Tons to do in CO and firework shows everywhere. Would recommend it for any age group.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
The kids love the USSSA WS near Ocean City. But don't you have to qualify for these types of tourneys first? I can see why it would be hard to get 10us to go somewhere for a week away from home, YES, money and otherwise.

The USFA WORLD SERIES you must play in your state tourney or closest regional qualifier, or win an NIT. The SEAA Wrld Series is a fun tourney. No qualifications needed. Just sign up. Plenty to do in the downtime. Dollywood has some good roller coasters. Very close to the Great Smoky MTNS National Park, Tubing in the crystal clear rivers. A lot of touristy things to do.

Nov 18, 2013
Indiana
I've done the All sanctioned world series in Columbus, OH, every year for 5 years. (we are from Western Indiana)Awesome setup, Columbus is really nice there are things to do. Yes, not a touristy spot, but there is quite a bit to do. Oh, and the tourney starts on Friday and ends on Sunday...that there is the best part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom