wearing "old team" apparel

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2013
If they wear another teams apparel to practice we do A LOT of sliding and diving into the bases. Seems to work itself out!

Just kiddin... I don't mind because truthfully. As long as they are giving me their all and show up on tourney weekends with my stuff on it's all good. My DD's even wear some of their former teams uni's to practice in.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Funny I can't tell you if our Org has any rules on this but My Team My Rules.... You cannot wear any old competitive teams gear at all to any practice, road trip, clinics, or lessons period. I never really have not had any issues with this cause all of my girls want to wear our team colors.

OK, I see the logic in this when it comes to team practices, team road trips, and team clinics, but lessons or any other non team functions? How do you justify controlling apparel on someone when they are at a function not related to your team? If they do violate this rule, what are the consequences?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
My wife saw pictures of a couple of ex-girlfriends that I had kept past an apparent due date of some sort. I don't have those pictures anymore and they damn sure aren't on any walls or in my wallet.....

OMG, if you really think these 2 things are even remotely close to one another...you have issues. Same thing as the guy comparing this to a job/career with Coke/Pepsi.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You can where your old team apparel anywhere, anytime EXCEPT while playing, practicing or participating in a softball event.

Then wear the current travel team and/or high school team you represent.

I'm kinda with you on this topic SC. Except practice to me iffy, it is only practice.

For me, these things cost money...and usually too much money. Why should parents have to throw or give away clothing that cost parents good money and fits perfectly fine still, or be told they shouldn't wear clothes they paid for. I see no harm in wearing whatever you want when you go out to practice, toss a ball around, lounge around or whatever else.

Jun 24, 2013
Never really thought about this but DD will wear something softball without any specific Team logo, like a tourney T-Shirt or something from Justice.

Our Neighbor gave her a really nice pull over jacket, she guest played for their Team this year and she would not wear it. She said it was not her Team.

I trust my DD’s instinct’s more than mine when it comes to clothing.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
If you consider keeping pictures of ex-women and wearing an old softball shirt the same...you def do.

Not sure why you have such a bug up you a$$ about this opinion, but I see a very clear similarity between ALL situations where there is an expectation of loyalty and someone is showing an attachment to a past commitment. Relationship/Job/Team all the same to me. Keep the gear, wear it to the mall, wear it wherever you want, but when you enter the softball world the loyalty displayed should be to the current team. My wife can reminisce about an ex-boyfriend, but I wouldn't want her wearing his old jersy as pajamas. Work for Coke? probably don't want to drink too much Pepsi in the breakroom. Sorry you have such a hard time seeing the similarities.

It just looks weird to be part of team A and wearing Team B stuff at a practice etc. Or team B s sweatshirt at a tournament.

That said, I don't think it's a criminal act or anything, just slightly awkward. Definitely not anything I would be saying other people have issues about for simply seeing similarities between the two. In any case, I'll take issues over stupidity any day of the week.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
That said, I don't think it's a criminal act or anything, just slightly awkward. Definitely not anything I would be saying other people have issues about for simply seeing similarities between the two. In any case, I'll take issues over stupidity any day of the week.

You got both, don't underestimate yourself.

If you wanna start name calling, that's fine. Saying somebody has issues doesn't mean its a horrible thing. I kinda meant it as maybe you take softball a little to important if you consider the two similar.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
You got both, don't underestimate yourself.

If you wanna start name calling, that's fine. Saying somebody has issues doesn't mean its a horrible thing. I kinda meant it as maybe you take softball a little to important if you consider the two similar.

I'm sorry you take offense to that, Calling someone stupid is not a horrible thing, I kinda meant it as maybe you just can't connect similarities between seemingly different things very well so it is unfair to expect you to be able to allow someone else to have a differing opinion. I did not mean any offense.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle