Walk up Music?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 29, 2023
I don't really understand claiming walk up music "belongs in rec" (what the lady said in the video if you're referencing the same one I saw on TikTok) when MLB players have walk up songs.

You can't claim something is "beneath your level" when leagues above your level do it (fwiw this person's organization represents baseball too, so it's apples:apples).

Walk up songs are fun. I agree the ones that are crude, crass, or disrespectful are inappropriate, though.

Side-note: demeaning rec and rec players is lame.

Dec 6, 2019
Her beef was not just having the walkup music and such, but it was having it when you're playing in a multiple field layout.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I love walk up music for the kiddos and I would NEVER demean rec ball. We were highly involved and played until she aged out at 14U. Walk up music just doesn't belong at Showcases. Warm up music...all day long. Just don't need to hear 4 fields with dueling walk up music especially when I as the team recruiter(used to be) is trying to have a quiet conversation with college coaches about my players. Parents need to take a back seat and not be part of the game. Let the play on the field be the noise!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Who sits near the dugout anyway? I prefer sitting beyond the outfield fence away from other humans. Maybe Pattar had it right. Sitting in the car might be the best idea.

Apr 14, 2022
I saw a post yesterday from a College Recruiting Service while she was at a showcase. She said leave the walk up music for Rec and 12U and below. The responses from the parents boggled my mind. These parents were defending the walk up music. They must be offended their job is being taken away from them. I can't remember the last time I heard walk up music at 14U, 16U, 18U events. She also said move your tents away from the backstop and please keep away from the dugouts. Why does this even need to be said?
I have only been to a handful of college games, but they always had walk up music. I find this kind of odd, ok for college but not 14u.
I am not the biggest fan of walk ups but if colleges do it then why not travel?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogoff1968