Walk up Music?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I saw a post yesterday from a College Recruiting Service while she was at a showcase. She said leave the walk up music for Rec and 12U and below. The responses from the parents boggled my mind. These parents were defending the walk up music. They must be offended their job is being taken away from them. I can't remember the last time I heard walk up music at 14U, 16U, 18U events. She also said move your tents away from the backstop and please keep away from the dugouts. Why does this even need to be said?

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
If/when walk up music has some inspirational pulse to it can get that vibe from it. However a lot of times the walk up music seems to not be related to inspiration. Sometimes seems like the music someone would play on date night or a strip club LOL .

Definitely understand why there might be a no playlist! Yikes why are there words about using gun violence played at a softball game? Holy mackerel!

I was at a 10U game the other day and the music was about tequila. It actually said the name of the tequila and I said wow was that about tequila and some parents on the sidelines laughed and a few of them had grumpy face.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2013
In my continuing effort to become a grumpy old man, I will add that it is frequently too loud, it starts too early, and it plays too long. When played an appropriate length of time, it is too short to be meaningful. This is especially true when the walk up tune is only played after an announcer.

Dec 6, 2019
In general I think that woman is just awful, but I agree with the music thing. Yes, it's annoying, but it can also block streams outside of gamechanger because of copyright issues.

Jun 18, 2023
we haven't even gotten to walk-up music yet in 3rd/4th grade travel. Seems like a lot of work tbh, but it's just music and it's supposed to be fun? Not everything's about the min-max way to appease college recruiters.

I'm sure, like everything else, many people do it poorly, overdo it, etc, but a recruiter whining about kids not playing the right way (nevermind that any one individual girl is unlikely to have had any real input into the decision to play music and run the team that way) bothers me. Don't go to schools (or jobs, etc) that prioritizes meaningless things like that over the thing they're supposed to be recruiting for.

Oh no, I had to listen to 8 seconds of Cruel Summer before that girl homered, can't sign her now..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogoff1968