Unreal:

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2013
Good or bad calls, the fact that they were trying to "send a message" is criminal. If we send a message on the road and someone gets in a car accident, we are to blame. How is this any different? Shame, shame all the way around.

No one got thrown out till they "sent their message". Seems to me THEY were the ones that should think twice.

I just can't believe the coach pulled all those kids down to a criminal level when he told them to do that. The entire infield was privy. What is that teaching our kids? When the going gets tough, we hurt someone? I thought that was the EXACT OPPOSITE of what we are supposed to teach kids. Hmmmmm.....maybe I missed something in parenting 101.

GG

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
All umpires belong to an association...most have monthly meetings. What/who do you suppose they talk about at those meetings. With umps...a coach's rep absolutely precedes them.

May 31, 2012
Criminal? What a bunch of pansies. Stand up for yourself and handle your own business. Maybe the next time someone tries to bully that kid she will throat punch em. If the Ump had a problem with the coach throw the coach out of the game. Don't ruin the game by not calling strikes.

Aug 20, 2013
How do you know he wasn't calling strikes? We saw ONE pitch that he called. We aren't seeing the entire game. The coach was the bully. He bullied 6 kids into doing something that could have permanently injured or killed someone. There is no way all 6 kids agreed to and wanted to be part of that. At that level, they all worked too long and too hard and are too smart to do something like that on their own. Please tell us where you and your kids play so we can make sure we don't get punched in the throat.

GG

Jun 22, 2008
IDK about criminal charges but just looking on the Web Minors Gold is a large organization. If they had any integrity they would either suspend or kick some people out of their program. I cannot find anything but my guess is they said please do not do that again for a little while, good luck next game.

It was not Minors Gold that did it. It was California Cruisers Sievers.

And Humpty, if you in any way believe this was acceptable for any reason, you do not belong any where near a softball field.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
The association president I know really wants their umpires to be the absolute best. If that umpire had a vindictive zone, and this game was completely taped, a more intelligent way of getting an eye for an eye would be to turn in that info.

I have no doubt what so ever that if that ump wished to file charges, an arresting officer would listen. A coach has about a 1 in 10 chance of getting influence on an officer over an official. Now it may not play out in a court, but newspapers, tv, internet, etc love these kind of stories, it will ruin a coach and club....revisit this situation in a few days.....

May 31, 2012
Gator girl love the drama. So you say I can't make assumptions then you make assumptions. Please tell me what was said in that coaches meeting in the circle. Maybe the pitcher begged and pleaded, "Please coach let me ring this Umpires bell he's being a complete db."

And if your scared your gonna die while umping or playing softball. Never leave your house its a dangerous world out there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle