Unreal:

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2013
Oh no!

There should be a few ejections and suspensions if it is a league. People are not as clever as they think.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Happened in a high school baseball game a few years ago in Georgia. The catcher lost his offer to play college ball. During the uproar over that, there was a lot written about the dangers of being hit with ball seven with face masks. Recently, I was reading where a MLB umpire died from the lingering effects of being hit by a foul tip. Can't find his name, but it occurred late '60s, early '70s. I hope to read about how this was handled. It's disturbing. Edit: MLB umpire's name was Cal Drummond.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2008
From what I have read this was at an 18 gold showcase at West Covina Big League Dreams Park. There is another video of the whole game and the coach in question is mouthy throughout the entire game. Was not happy his team appeared to be getting handled pretty well by the competition.

Someone on another board posted one of the girls involved has supposedly verbaled to Utah. Wonder if the Utah coach has seen this yet?

Last edited:
May 31, 2012
So the girl verbaled to Utah but can't throw a strike? She can't throw a strike but nailed his mask first try. I didnt see the whole game but I'm assuming she walked the bases loaded. If he's not calling pitches strikes because he was mad at the coachevs or fans then he deserved it imo.

Jun 22, 2008
So the girl verbaled to Utah but can't throw a strike? She can't throw a strike but nailed his mask first try. I didnt see the whole game but I'm assuming she walked the bases loaded. If he's not calling pitches strikes because he was mad at the coachevs or fans then he deserved it imo.

First off, have no idea which player may have verbaled to Utah. There is a girl who signed a NLI with Utah from the California Cruisers but she is listed as a utility player, not a pitcher. It may have been the catcher for all I know. The umpire was calling an equally tight zone for both pitchers.

And are you serious about he deserved it? Have you ever been drilled in the mask by an 18 gold pitcher? I suggest you try it sometime. It is NEVER acceptable to purposely throw at the umpire.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009

IMO it is part of the game. I know and except as a fact that me bitchin and callin out an umpire in front of people it will result in my team paying the price...so shame on me. If I discuss things privately with the ump, I might get some understanding and possibly help my team...might not help, but maybe.

Calling them out in front of 100s is pee poor strategy, shows ignorance, and dosen't respect the game. Telling a battery to physically injure an official is criminal...

May 31, 2012
I'm an eye for an eye kinda guy. Equaly tight or ridiculously tight? The strike zone should not be optional or change based on how you feel. I dont like Umpires that think they are god. If you can't handle the mouthy coaches or loud fans go do something else. Hopefully that umpire will think twice before squeezes the zone the next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle