Unlimited vs. Other 2 pc bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 13, 2018
I bought my daughter the Easton Unlimited and am wondering if I made a mistake. I'm not a bat expert but it's obviously stiffer and I feel like probably less forgiving than a 2 piece bat. I purchased it primarily because of the Ghost pop but this was the bat that was actually not breaking all the time vs the 2 pc. She loves it, I'm curious the difference between a one pc bat and a two pc bat in today's technology. I see a lot of girls swinging the one piece and I'm curious if this should be more geared toward strong power hitters or how you would tell beyond your kid just "liking" it.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The one-piece is designed for stronger hitters as their swing transfers more energy to the ball. It won't flex as much, but a string swing will drive the ball further due to less bat flex. I've seen smaller girls use a one-piece bat effectively, though.

Also, it will sting more on balls you don't square up.

Feb 13, 2018
The one-piece is designed for stronger hitters as their swing transfers more energy to the ball. It won't flex as much, but a string swing will drive the ball further due to less bat flex. I've seen smaller girls use a one-piece bat effectively, though.

Also, it will sting more on balls you don't square up.
She's not necessarily a big power hitter. Has some power. I'm just wondering if the 2 piece would be more forgiving and allow her to hit the ball a bit further. I was thinking it was probably better for girls with power, but wanted to confirm

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
She's not necessarily a big power hitter. Has some power. I'm just wondering if the 2 piece would be more forgiving and allow her to hit the ball a bit further. I was thinking it was probably better for girls with power, but wanted to confirm
The two-piece would be more forgiving, for sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoons831