University of Memphis Softball Coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2019
Does anyone know why they haven't named a coach or any candidates? Didn't see much of the players in the portal.

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
Cal State Bakersfield went through 3 years of back-to-back new head coaches. The new head coach selections people/players found out a week before the next school year started. That's correct they went through the summer not knowing who their next coach would be.

Including finding out at that time the new head coach cut everybody's athletic money. To reapply it with a different plan. Yep that's how the whole team got to know their new coach. Big group of players that had made it through forging through two separate sets of coaches in the previous years to wait around throughout the summer to find out who's going to coach their team to have the person chop some of their money. Last place program in their conference.

Literally one time they hired female head coach players found out in August. But think it was 6 to 8 weeks later they announced they also brought on her husband as assistant coach. Why didn't thew announce both at the same time?
Then about 2 months into the 1st semester of last year (preseason workouts). The other assistant coach quit. And went and became a head coach somewhere else.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2008
about a month ago I was contacted by a school in the Big 10 recently about taking a pitching coach job there. The coach said the first interview will be Aug 1. All I could think about was, "This job has been vacant since the WCWS (or about then) and you're only NOW doing interviews? What about the whole summer of recruiting?"

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The Holy Cross coach just moved to Maine on 7/9/24. She was at Atlanta Legacy, NE Finest, and PGF trying to recruit players. Her old job at Holy Cross is still vacant, so how are they recruiting anyone now?

It happens.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
about a month ago I was contacted by a school in the Big 10 recently about taking a pitching coach job there. The coach said the first interview will be Aug 1. All I could think about was, "This job has been vacant since the WCWS (or about then) and you're only NOW doing interviews? What about the whole summer of recruiting?"
They would of had to pay you to go to CO, So Cal, and Indiana to check out prospects all summer long. Tripping over five dollars bills to pick up nickels.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I heard Cal State Fullerton requires a masters degree to be the Head Coach. Do most big time schools require master's degrees?
Do you need a masters degree to be a good coach? I wonder how many MLB coaches or managers have masters degrees? Probably not many.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalWood1013