Uniform Question, who wears...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

GIMNEPIWO

GIMNEPIWO
Dec 9, 2017
VA
What about white pants ? Silly to me.

I was always against white pants until a few years back when I took a job at a HS whose team colors were blue & white. When I went there the softball team was wearing black pants easily found at local stores but it didn't sit well with some of the Administrators and Boosters. At a travel tourny my team faced a team wearing blue jerseys and white pants and they did look sharp, so, I figured what the heck ... We raised the funds and bought royal blue jerseys and pants and white jerseys and pants and white socks and royal socks (no stirrups) ... It gave the gals several different combo's to wear and I let them choose on the nights before a game day... We were by far the best looking team in our district. The ones that followed manufacturer instructions had no trouble keeping them clean.

Aug 6, 2013
DD's old team wear stirrups. I like the look but I can remember the stirrup pants from my teen years - yes I willingly wore those and never will again, lol. I know my DD would absolutely hate stirrups. She hates if the seams on her socks are not lined up perfectly.

I like white pants. They look sharp. We have no problem keeping them white and DD's team does plenty of sliding - just gotta get your wash routine down and it's all good.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
One of DD's old teams wore stirrups - she loves the look. But they can be annoying.
Love the look of white pants but don't like cleaning - luckily DD usually does her own laundry.
One thing I'm not a fan of is the TB teams that have custom print on the pants - luckily all of DD's teams have had basic pants - so you can just buy your own brand. Can't imagine those kids who go to a different team every year or so and having to buy new pants. Jerseys are enough for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misscoug