UCLA v. Florida St

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
Final game of the Clearwater Invitational was exciting to watch. Florida St. won in a walk off in the bottom of the 8th using the ITB. Kat Sandercock—from McLean, VA!—held serve after getting in some trouble in the top of the 8th. Really good softball game. I was traveling so didn’t get to see much of the tournament otherwise, but this was a good way to end it.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I watched some of that game in our softball facility after we got back from our tournament in Florida. I loved watching Edenfield and Sandercock from Florida State and the girl from UCLA that came in as a reliever and their catcher. Both of their names escape me.

I'd love to get a hold of both UCLA and Florida State's uniforms...especially if I can get ahold of a Paige Halstead replica jersey.

Feb 5, 2019
Yea, that was a heck of a game!

In the top of the 8th when UCLA batter thought she got walked and ultimately sent 1sr BR to 2nd base I wondered if that was planned as to create confusion so FSU would make an error and 3rd BR would come home. I guess we'll never know.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Yea, that was a heck of a game!

In the top of the 8th when UCLA batter thought she got walked and ultimately sent 1sr BR to 2nd base I wondered if that was planned as to create confusion so FSU would make an error and 3rd BR would come home. I guess we'll never know.
Was wondering that when it happened as well. Didn't matter in the end - if the girl on 3rd was supposed to try to steal - the catcher held on long enough to make it not possible.
Fun game to watch. Helps that I was rooting for FSU ;)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Was wondering that when it happened as well. Didn't matter in the end - if the girl on 3rd was supposed to try to steal - the catcher held on long enough to make it not possible.
Fun game to watch. Helps that I was rooting for FSU ;)

FSU catcher played that well to hold the runner at 3B, but her throw was a bit off target for the out at 2B. Despite being a So Cal native, I'm not a big UCLA fan, and I was rooting for FSU. Great game!

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
FSU catcher played that well to hold the runner at 3B, but her throw was a bit off target for the out at 2B. Despite being a So Cal native, I'm not a big UCLA fan, and I was rooting for FSU. Great game!
I agree. That was a great game. Edenfield's throw was a tad off to second. As much as I like watching Edenfield play...I was cheering for UCLA. Paige Halstead is my favorite fastpitch catcher to watch play and I really like the girl they have playing back there now and I can't think of her name. Then again...I should get a different team since I live in a mid-Atlantic state.

Feb 15, 2017
Speaking of not calling the leap and replant..
6ef85fc9fb69f26d6031469bedb357b8.jpg
51806048e1df95c19aece3f1c9a8a609.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30