Turf Shoes for Pitchers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2020
Looking for a good pair of durable turf shoes for my DD. DD will be practicing quite a bit indoors this winter with maybe an indoor tournament or two. Looking for something reliable that might last more than a month or two. She’s worn sneakers in the past which she’s totally destroyed and has a pair of Nike turf shoes bit hasn’t held up well.

I know Ringor is a quality shoe but don’t want her to outgrow them too quickly for the price of the shoe.

Also, has anyone used a turf toe protector that had to apply? Not sure if I like that look and if I have to apply it, I’m sure it will come out looking like a hot mess and I know my DD will look at me sideways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 9, 2021
My DD absolutely destroys pitching shoes. We typically buy Ringor shoes. On her last pair of Ringor turf shoes I did try the Tuff Toe pro when they started to wear. It has held up great and looks fine. Easy to apply, there are a few Youtube videos on it.

Thanks for the post, it reminded me that I need to order some white Tuff Toe for her dirt cleats.

Jul 27, 2020
She’s a 6.5

@ANNASDAD

I think I saw your reply but for some reason I can’t see it now. I think you had mentioned something about a size 8. Wasn’t ignoring you just having some issues with the post and wanted to see if you can resend. Sorry about that

Apr 17, 2019
Just a thought - tennis shoes, like actually for tennis. They have a reinforced toe because tennis players have significant toe drag also. I use my tennis shoes once I've worn down the soles for indoor pitching and they hold up waaaay longer in the toe than sneakers. Check clearance on tennis-point or tennis-warehouse, imo.
The only reservation I'd have - if traction is an absolute must - is the soles. Most are made to grip a smooth court surface. But there are specific clay court shoes - their soles are similar to turf shoes. I've not done it myself, but between buying new turf shoes and putting pitcher's toe on them, might be more cost-effective.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles