Turf shoes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 17, 2019
My daughter just started a league that we be playing some games on artificial turf and potentially Dome ball. She primarily pitches. What do most people do about shoes? Do they spring for the Ringor turf pitcher toe or do they do something else? She has the metal Ringor pitcher toe cleats and just thinks there ok.

How to regular turf shoe hold up on turf?

Aug 21, 2020
My DD is not a fan of Ringors because of the weight. We’ve used the NB Velo2 turf shoes for a while and they have a bit of reinforcement in the toe for pitching. They last about a year including a dome season and lessons.

With the next batchI order (team is changing colors) I’ll buy two pair and put some pitching toe on one pair to be a dedicated set of pitching shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 9, 2021
My DD is not a fan of Ringors because of the weight. We’ve used the NB Velo2 turf shoes for a while and they have a bit of reinforcement in the toe for pitching. They last about a year including a dome season and lessons.

With the next batchI order (team is changing colors) I’ll buy two pair and put some pitching toe on one pair to be a dedicated set of pitching shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1 Exact same reason. Used to buy Ringors but DD thinks they are too heavy too. Switched to NB and use Tuff Toe on the drag shoe.

Apr 22, 2015
I know this will not be a popular answer, but my daughter blew through multiple pair of turf shoes through high school, with pitching lessons and pitching on gym floors. She gets to college and within 2 weeks she goes through another pair. She sends me a picture of a pair her teammate has and wants them. Nike Alpha Hurrache Elite 3. I bought them because that’s what she wanted, with full anticipation of her going through them fast. They made it her entire winter and spring season, and we played 4 tournaments this summer on turf and there is absolutely no wear on them. She is a hard dragger and I always have to build up the toe on her metal spikes, but these Nike turfs are holding up unbelievable for her indoor and turf pitching. Plus they are very comfortable and look nice

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
+1 Exact same reason. Used to buy Ringors but DD thinks they are too heavy too. Switched to NB and use Tuff Toe on the drag shoe.
The new Ringor Flites are much lighter than the old Dynasty models, but I agree 💯% about Tuff Toe. If applied correctly, it will outlast any turf shoe or cleat. It also allows you to go with the most comfortable shoe for her foot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478