Turf shoe and Cleats wearing out too fast in the toe area!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2015
We too use Ringor's and Turf Toe. Through trial and error, then finally finding the correct video to emulate, we figured out the best way to apply the Turf Toe. I was applying it too high, where the hole was, and not getting enough low where the actual problem was.

Then one time I got it low enough, but put it on too thick. Talk about messing up a pitcher's drag foot! I had to sand it down then everything was good again.

Even with the two together, it still wears out from dragging. Yes, she should not drag so much on the side of her foot. Easier said than done.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
We too use Ringor's and Turf Toe. Through trial and error, then finally finding the correct video to emulate, we figured out the best way to apply the Turf Toe. I was applying it too high, where the hole was, and not getting enough low where the actual problem was.

Then one time I got it low enough, but put it on too thick. Talk about messing up a pitcher's drag foot! I had to sand it down then everything was good again.

Even with the two together, it still wears out from dragging. Yes, she should not drag so much on the side of her foot. Easier said than done.

Tell her to get it right or she pays for her next pair of cleats - ;)

Ringors are fine if they fit. I’m more about DD finding a proper fitting cleat that she’s comfortable in. Then we add turf toe or whatever from there.

The local Play It Again does a pitchers toe dip that’s really clean and even. $20-$25 and so far DD hasn’t worn through it.

Jul 27, 2015
Tell her to get it right or she pays for her next pair of cleats - ;)

Ringors are fine if they fit. I’m more about DD finding a proper fitting cleat that she’s comfortable in. Then we add turf toe or whatever from there.

The local Play It Again does a pitchers toe dip that’s really clean and even. $20-$25 and so far DD hasn’t worn through it.
My daughter drags on the side. The dip, as I know of it, is more of the front. Front is not an issue ( I wish it were, though)

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
My daughter drags on the side. The dip, as I know of it, is more of the front. Front is not an issue ( I wish it were, though)

We dealt with the same. Hence my comment/joke about making her up for her next set of cleats. It’s only been relatively recent that we finally corrected the issue with DD.

You are right…dip doesn’t help the side. Turf toe, shoe goo, or epoxy are your best bets.

I did find that the epoxy applicators that work like a syringe do really well. It doesn’t last as long as say Tuff toe but overall did surprise me for how well it lasted. Then, once it started to wear down, I’d just apply more and be fine.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2015
We dealt with the same. Hence my comment/joke about making her up for her next set of cleats. It’s only been relatively recent that we finally corrected the issue with DD.

You are right…dip doesn’t help the side. Turf toe, shoe goo, or epoxy are your best bets.

I did find that the epoxy applicators that work like a syringe do really well. It doesn’t last as long as say turf toe but overall did surprise me for how well it lasted. Then, once it started to wear down, I’d just apply more and be fine.
I have not tried epoxy. She is wearing white shoes now. The last batch of Tuff Toe had a greenish tint to it so I did not put it on. I wrote the company. They never responded. So if I can find an epoxy that will look okay on white, I might do that.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Did Tuff Toe, Ringors cleats and turfs, and NB. All worked great. Only complaint about Ringors is not being able to get one shoe protected and the other shoe normal. I told my lefty DD if she had a heavier left foot it would be easier for her to round the bases.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I have not tried epoxy. She is wearing white shoes now. The last batch of Tuff Toe had a greenish tint to it so I did not put it on. I wrote the company. They never responded. So if I can find an epoxy that will look okay on white, I might do that.

DD wears white cleats with red accents (as they match her school colors). With the clear epoxy you couldn’t tell she had anything on from a distance. It wasn’t something I thought about until after we had applied it. Just worked out that way. Shoe goo would be similar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802