Tryout season…

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 7, 2022
I think it’s always good to have my older kid tryout for other teams in the event the current team folds or some other drama happens. At the very least, she gets to see other competition and it motivates her.

I’ve checked softball connected, I’ve been going to the various teams websites that I’m familiar with but I’m wondering if anyone can offer up a few quality programs that are non-parent coach programs.

We are in the Chicagoland area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 7, 2022
I just started looking at recent regional and national tournament results and noticed Illinois Chill were competitive in a few. Definitely worth checking out.

Aug 5, 2022
I just started looking at recent regional and national tournament results and noticed Illinois Chill were competitive in a few. Definitely worth checking out.

Chill is a very small very competitive highly respected program. Tightly controlled by their head man. Great recruiting, good tournament placement.

Nov 7, 2022
Anyone have experience with Bo Jackson Blast out of Lockport, Wheatland spikes out of Naperville, Wasco Diamonds, Crush Tidal Wave out of Barrington?

Aug 5, 2022
Anyone have experience with Bo Jackson Blast out of Lockport, Wheatland spikes out of Naperville, Wasco Diamonds, Crush Tidal Wave out of Barrington?

Have played in Chicago land high end tournaments for the last 10 yrs. Bo Jackson has never been in a tournament we played in. Spikes and crush tidal wave are a low/mid B organization, Naperville and wasco diamonds have some good teams at younger ages but more of a high B at the recruiting ages. Better organizations in the area that are more consistent but not at bandits/chill level include new Lennox and sparks.

Dec 15, 2021
Hope you found a home. Depending on age and skill level, some programs may be or may be not worth looking into. It really depends on what you want for your daughter.

The highest level teams at almost all levels are the Beverly Bandits and IL Chill are the best, with WI Lightning (Salem, WI), IL Gold Fastpitch, and Virginia Glory (WI) having very competitive A level teams at many of their age groups, especially the older girls. National travel schedule in falls and summers with a lot of college coaches in attendance. Basically, if Bill Conroy invites you to the Bandits No So Friendly round robin in the summer @ Crown Point, you are basically the best in the area. NLL has had some really good older teams in the past as has Sparks. Outside the area, there are Mojo teams, Finesse, Dukes, Hawks, etc., but they are MI, Southern IN, Ohio, etc.

If teams are playing USA, USSSA, NSA, NAFA, etc. they are probably a B level organization. Teams that routinely play in PGF or Alliance tournaments as the only tournaments they play in are wanting to play the best of the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwaehler