Looking for some help on program handbooks

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 31, 2019
I’ve been tasked with rewriting our program handbook. We are a highly competitive travel program with 11 teams ranging from 9-18U. I’m specifically looking for some help/examples in a few areas:
  1. Coaches “contract” or agreement. What are your expectations of your coaches and/or what do you hold them accountable to
  2. Coach pay. We pay our non-parent coaches, and compensate our parent coaches the equivalent of the cost of their daughters fees. How are other programs compensating coaches?
  3. Do you have or recommend coaches training or certification programs?
  4. Player attendance requirements including hot topics such as conflicts with school sports, other travel sports, vacations
  5. Player training, team practices versus program training
  6. Player fees - all in versus partial fee and fundraising
I know this is a lot but it’s a big undertaking so I’m hoping to get some help and expertise here

thanks in advance, Mike

Oct 14, 2016
I find it hard to understand how an organization with 11 teams still hasn't or have an organized plan or contract already in place. Can you really call it an "organization"?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jul 31, 2019
I find it hard to understand how an organization with 11 teams still hasn't or have an organized plan or contract already in place. Can you really call it an "organization"?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
We do, but it’s dated. I’m trying to rewrite it and interested in feedback from other programs. Softball has dramatically changed over the last 5+ years and I want our policies to reflect the change

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish