Top quotes from the Misses

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2010
My Darling Wife (DW) is an avid softball fan but has never quite understood the game. These are some of my favorite quotes of hers over the years.

1. "Why was DD throwing so slow today?" Said after the first game DD threw a change-up. Tried to explain the whole timing thing and the response was, "You probably know what you are doing".

2. "Why did you send her you knew XXX has a rifle for an arm?" Rifle, cannon. At least she was close to the jargon.

3. "You intentionally get players out?" Last time I ever tried to explain the sacrifice bunt to her.

4. "If her heart is in it she can play travel ball." And that is why I love her. DD spent the past fall playing travel softball instead of Lacrosse. Wife grew up playing Lacrosse, she formed the High School Lacrosse teams but she wanted DD to follow her own passion and not her moms.

Aug 20, 2009
Bristol pa
My wife, I usually refer to her as the" All Seeing and All Knowing", has said this to me on a number of occasions; "If it is not wrestling, it is your precious softball. Now go and cut the grass and use the weed wacker this time". My only responce has been "Yes dear" Happy Mother's Day. Some other's have been:
Why does the 3rd basem and and 1st baseman always move when the other team bunts?
I felt sorry for that other team when you were winning, it is ashame you lost.
Why does this bat cost so much? All it is is a peice of metal.
The umpire seemed like a nice guy, he probably just forgot that rule. Next time just tell him to look it up in the rule book.
Why do our girls always look so small compared to the other teams?

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Does she do softball for ESPN? ;)

Just kidding, but sometimes you have to wonder what game theythink they are watching.:)

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
HAHAHA, the announcers on the Big 10 Network are funny. Cindy Bristow and some guy were announcing a game and his attention span was so short that he kept gettign the count wrong. LOL

Jan 23, 2009
NE
I was asked the other day "Are you trying to lose the game for the girls" This was after 2 girls were thrown out trying to be aggressive on the bases. It was early in the game, we ended up winning 11-2.

My 3 favs are...

1. "Are you 2 gonna grab a bite after....or do I HAVE to cook tonite"?
2. "Why do they schedule games SO early on the weekends.......I'll just meet you there" followed up as she shakes her head with an exagerrated "pfff"!
3. "I don't get why you HAVE to be there an hour and a half before the game.....you don't do that for work"!!

My DD's fav mom quote...... "Can you please try not to get so dirty this time"

Dec 15, 2009
My 3 favs are...

1. "Are you 2 gonna grab a bite after....or do I HAVE to cook tonite"?
2. "Why do they schedule games SO early on the weekends.......I'll just meet you there" followed up as she shakes her head with an exagerrated "pfff"!
3. "I don't get why you HAVE to be there an hour and a half before the game.....you don't do that for work"!!

My DD's fav mom quote...... "Can you please try not to get so dirty this time"

HAHAHAHAHA! my mom says that to me all the time!!!! or she says "how did your pants and shirt get so dirty?" and i replied "oh, mom, i don't know.....it's not like i was the catcher for the whole game and had to slide into bases or anything." lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan