too nervous to perform

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
I believe that playing for your school has a lot more pressure than playing tb. I said before in another thread if you have a bad weekend in tb, there is always next weekend. The possible ramifications of losing one or two school games is huge in standings. Plus at a tb tournament, who cares if you have a bad day other than coaches, teammates and parents. School settings are entirely different. If you screw up, word can get around and then you have to deal with all of the social aspects that come with vindictive teenagers.
I completely agree. DD struck out and when she was walking to the dugout a boy from the school said "wow, you suck!" He was trying to be funny but she was not happy about it. I won't write what she said back:)

Jun 24, 2013
I just have a hard time understanding some of your situations. If DD is playing the baseball team comes over and watches for a little bit, if they are playing she goes over and watches them for a little bit.

May 14, 2010
I believe that playing for your school has a lot more pressure than playing tb. I said before in another thread if you have a bad weekend in tb, there is always next weekend. The possible ramifications of losing one or two school games is huge in standings. Plus at a tb tournament, who cares if you have a bad day other than coaches, teammates and parents. School settings are entirely different. If you screw up, word can get around and then you have to deal with all of the social aspects that come with vindictive teenagers.

This may be the post of the year that relates to HS softball. If only coaching HS softball was only about coaching softball. Every day at practice, we have to overcome the previous 7 hrs of teen drama that occurs during school.

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
I just have a hard time understanding some of your situations. If DD is playing the baseball team comes over and watches for a little bit, if they are playing she goes over and watches them for a little bit.

Not necessarily the baseball team, but friends, boyfriends, the other teams friends etc on down the line. Our hs team has high expectations on it as well as some other area teams and we had well over 100 spectators, including other school teams come to watch the game the other night. You "screw up" and one little comment like from a boy as in Learning's post can go a long way in social arena.

Oct 10, 2011
Not necessarily the baseball team, but friends, boyfriends, the other teams friends etc on down the line. Our hs team has high expectations on it as well as some other area teams and we had well over 100 spectators, including other school teams come to watch the game the other night. You "screw up" and one little comment like from a boy as in Learning's post can go a long way in social arena.
We usually have a pretty big turnout also with teachers, local college coaches, etc...there. A lot of DD's former teammates from other schools stop by to check out the competition which puts on more pressure. Probably the worst is when a boy she likes shows up to watch her!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gcsurfer