The 12-14u pitcher: Either she will or she won't......

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
i think almost every parent of a pitcher hits that point, its all up to DD where this is going. i walked away 2 years ago thinking her pitching was over. it was just the kick in the butt she needed. every year i ask her to quit saying we can get a lake house, dirt bikes, go hiking and fishing all the time. she picks softball every time. now i hit the point of keeping my mouth shut, being positive and supporting her. i only push her on grades and cleaning up her messes all over the house.

And I don't have a problem with this, I understand the mentality of a part time pitcher. It's just not that important to everyone. There's Netflix, computer games, other sports, and God forbid... BOYS. So I understand the part time pitcher. What I do NOT understand is the kid who does it part time but, expects full time results. You know, the kind who walks 4 in the first 2 innings because she hasn't practiced at all but still thinks she will have pin point control. These are the type kids I have real "come to Jesus talks with" about it. They can't have it both ways.

Jul 5, 2016
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference.

Of course, I haven't got this completely figured out yet. And I was lucky, I think, to have a daughter who let me know when I was getting too crazy.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
And I don't have a problem with this, I understand the mentality of a part time pitcher. It's just not that important to everyone. There's Netflix, computer games, other sports, and God forbid... BOYS. So I understand the part time pitcher. What I do NOT understand is the kid who does it part time but, expects full time results. You know, the kind who walks 4 in the first 2 innings because she hasn't practiced at all but still thinks she will have pin point control. These are the type kids I have real "come to Jesus talks with" about it. They can't have it both ways.
This sums up my golf game!!! A golf pro once told me. Here's the best advice I can give you. Take 2 weeks off and then quit!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802