Thou shalt not

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
?
This occurred while watching this 12u LL game.
Score 17- 0 Parents kid team is winning. At what will probably be the team's last at bat because of run rule.
And Dad yells out to the daughter while she's in the Box some hitting advice about her swing.

SOOO does that Banner mean while players are in the Dugout? Or does that mean don't yell out at all anywhere?
➡️How would you interpret the banner?

Maybe need to make that already large Banner into a MEGA BANNER
? how much bigger can the banner get??

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
?
Score 17- 0 Parents kid team is winning. At what will probably be the team's last at bat because of run rule.
And Dad yells out to the daughter while she's in the Box some hitting advice about her swing.

SOOO does that Banner mean while players are in the Dugout? Or does that mean don't yell out at all anywhere.
➡️How would you interpret the banner?

Maybe need to make that already large Banner into a MEGA BANNER
? how much bigger can the banner get??
Signs won’t do anything for most people ??‍♂️

May 29, 2015
I bet there is huge involvement in ASL classes there..

There is plenty of unnecessary involvement from the ASLs ... Oh, you meant sign language.

?

Anybody want to place a wager? I bet dad yells plenty of advice while the kid is batting but doesn't take any time out to spend with the kid working on it at home.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
It takes years of discipline to keep your mouth shut. I almost had it perfected this year, but I just couldn't help myself. I really have improved compared to the other dads sitting next to me. I once told my DD that I feel as though I am in the box with you in every AB and every swing and my inside voice finds its way to my mouth. I think my mental health will be so much better that her/our journey is over. Now she is showing signs of addiction to golf. Keeps asking me to go to the range. Dang its too dang hot and humid.

Jul 27, 2021
From this example at a little league softball state championship.
Imagine along with this the other things at ANY softball venue that could be directly communicated to the fans in this way.
View attachment 28324
I can think of MANY things that should be addressed long before TIME and MONEY spent on that bs. How many fields/dugouts have that banner? How many 1000s spent?

May 13, 2023
Was only at one field. Along both dugouts.
Do not know if Little League uses this in other areas.
Baseball Championship held at same field.

Before games an announcer addressed the crowd. In a nice manor asking people to basically use good manners while watching.
Refrain from booing and cuss words. And encouraged the fans to cheer for both teams.

Will add it has been pleasant and fun watching these championship games! All the teams and fans seem to have a good spirit toward each other about the event!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristinS1711