This Bat Size Chart

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2024
Earth

Lots to choose from.
Lots of length options to height ratio's!!!
* Keep in mind length wise
* Pending where a batter grips the bat can be a factor in players decisions also!
*Grip closer or farther from the knob.
Just sharing that may be a reason the same height batter might use a different length bat than another of the same height! Along with other critical factors like strength and body speed.

Me, 5'3 1/3 🙂
I swung a 34,
like to have at least a half inch between my hands and the knob on the bat.
For me bat is a tool I have to actually use to find out if it's the right one for me.
Like shoes, have to try it on!

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2022
HA! I've always wondered about these! By the guide provided in the link (and many others I've seen), almost all the girls on my DDs team are using a size too large. But by their performance and direction provided by all the coaches they've interacted with, they are using the correct size.
Are these charts outdated for their time and need updating?

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
I think that chart looks pretty good. I use the sternum with outreached arm for sizing and this looks close to that on kids I work with. Can you almost touch the end of bat, or close to the end of the bat. Should be good to go. Not sure, or close to next size up...Don't go bigger, it just causes less Bat control through the zone.

Aug 5, 2022
Depends on the kid. If I did this with my lanky 12yo she’d be in a 34 she’s no where near strong enough to swing. Shes moving into the 32-10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogoff1968