The Inner Game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 9, 2013
in my opinion, the most effective approach to mastering the mental game of sports was developed many years ago by Tim Gallwey, a tennis instructor. His first book, Inner Tennis, was revolutionary. After I heard him speak at a business conference I attended 20 years ago, I immediately knew he was on to something. After hearing Tim Gallwey speak and after reading Inner Tennis, I changed the way I coached youth sports and it changed the way I taught hitting. Over the years, I have adapted many of his mental game techniques to baseball and softball hitting. His books are still available on Amazon. Some of his other books include, The Inner Game of Music, The Inner Game of Business, The Inner Game of Golf, and The Inner Game of Stress.

If you are interested in the way I have adapted Tim Gallwey's mental game techniques to hitting, here are two links to recent posts on my hitting blog:

The Mental Side of Hitting (A Must Read) | Hitting With Torque

Take A Ride On The Ball | Hitting With Torque

Nov 1, 2013
Ohio
My dd is a pitcher her coaches have trouble reading. We could be up by 10 or down by ten and game face is the same. She prides herself in staying calm and flat affected. She uses deep breathing techniques and guided imagery (invisioning the pitch) Now I happen to observe she throws faster when her elder brother catches her and he ticks her off. I had a talk with her to discuss letting anger come out in pitch. Well that didn't go well. Guess having a mom as a counselor isn't good in all situations. Maybe her college coach can figure it out next year

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I am going to Naples, FL. soon for my 60th birthday. I just ordered the book, to give me some reading material. (and maybe people will think that I play tennis.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad