Terrible Walk-Up music choices

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2023
(This is 100% a post in jest)

We don't have a lot of walk-up music at this level, but some of these choices are clearly very poorly thought out.

Girl walks up to Taylor Swift's Lover...but she was wearing #22! You can't wear that number and pick a DIFFERENT Taylor Swift song!

Another girl came up to Timmy Trumpet - Narco, clearly Edwin Díaz's closer music. You can't play a strikeout song for a batter!

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Don't be boring! I know a lot of music our girls like isn't for me, and that's OK. Some of it is still good walk-up music. But some of the songs are just... boring. No hook. No recognizable riff. There's something in every genre of music that can work for walk-up music, but some of our girls just have the worst feel for it.

We only use it once a year though, so at least I don't have to listen to the songs too often.

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
At Stater Brothers this morning they had quite a song selection come up playing in the store. As I approached the cashier I smiled and said
'here we go, throw down some beat' and she laughed cuz it waszzz some 💥Boombox💥 kind of music. Don't think I've heard that as a typical type of music they would have at Stater Brothers let alone at 9:00 a.m...

LOL keep the party going Stater Brothers

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I was at my sister-in-law's daughter's 10u game and as one of the girls on her team came to bat "Anaconda" by Nicki Minaj started playing. Why a 10 year old would know about that I don't know.

May 29, 2015
I was at my sister-in-law's daughter's 10u game and as one of the girls on her team came to bat "Anaconda" by Nicki Minaj started playing. Why a 10 year old would know about that I don't know.
ba38d595-1e03-4bd1-bcc5-cff58cb52ae5_text.gif

I will say it does seem to be the younger ages that play the more inappropriate songs. I remember passing a 10u baseball field on the way to my game, and a player's song was "Fat Bottom Girls." I appreciate the selection, but no.

A good walk up song should:
1.) Be energizing music with no lyrics, OR
2.) Be two to three good lyrics from a song, where . . .
3.) The rest of the song is still age appropriate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoons831