Taking that break

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 24, 2014
After TB is done in August, normal take about 3-4 weeks off (total shutdown). Then over the winter try to get another 1-2 weeks off when we can fit it in. I think the body needs a break but the amount of time shut down will be different for each DD.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We just take a break from pitching Thanksgiving through January 1st, she will still do some speed and agility and personal training. Glad to have the break this year. Last year DD was attending college clinics over the winter, so she did not get any breaks.

Mar 20, 2012
Sacramento, CA
I am the new Hal I guess =>

No torso-torque for 7 weeks!!!!!!!!

We are going to try for 6 weeks from Thanks giving to January. This will be the first time in 5 years she has had an extended break. I already told her coach we would show up to tryouts in December to lend moral support, but she would not be pitching or hitting during December.

I'm not sure what we are going to tell her pitching coach yet. His response when I asked him his opinion on the break was, "I gave my daughter a 1 week break when she was 16yo." He doesn't think she needs it, so we'll see how that works out...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom