Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Like I said, misquoting me. That quote does not say "the pros don't know what they are doing". @TDS states that they try to hit the top of the ball when we all know all that produces is a ground ball. Isn't he saying that "the pros don't know what they are doing"?

Again top half is the aiming point.. Of course they are doing it from a leveraged position so they can attempt to see the barrel hit the ball out front.

May 12, 2016
Not intentionally. It's tremendously misleading because it's out of context on its own, and far too many people take something like that as being much bigger than it actually is.
Yes we've already talked about how it can be misleading to some, I get that, I've been there. But now we are talking about people who have the knowledge to understand what is missing... I've posted what I believe is missing in demos and how that would effect barrel path. but I am having issues getting a straight answer because the discussion is not open minded

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
And right back to square one, this post addresses that, do you agree or disagree?

Specifically
"And people say barrel path is not the same in the two swings... I mean isn't it obvious why the barrel doesn't react the same in the demo vs the game swing? Why are people still arguing the demos barrel path doesn't match demo path? Pros are only isolating hands in demos"
So what exactly are you asking?

*isn't it obvious why the barrel doesn't react teh same in the demo vs the game swing?
Yes, it is obvious. To me. But to some poor kid watching the Baseball Network, maybe not.

Why are people still arguing the demos barrel path doesn't match demo path?
See my answer to question 1.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Again top half is the aiming point.. Of course they are doing it from a leveraged position so they can attempt to see the barrel hit the ball out front.
Yes, I get that, and I am fine with it. But when I make similar comments I am accused of claiming "the pros don't know what they are doing". The only difference between our posts is that I don't have a secret membership card to that super duper club of yours.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yes we've already talked about how it can be misleading to some, I get that, I've been there. But now we are talking about people who have the knowledge to understand what is missing... I've posted what I believe is missing in demos and how that would effect barrel path. but I am having issues getting a straight answer because the discussion is not open minded

Correct, your agenda is at stake ;)

May 12, 2016
So what exactly are you asking?

*isn't it obvious why the barrel doesn't react teh same in the demo vs the game swing?
Yes, it is obvious. To me. But to some poor kid watching the Baseball Network, maybe not.

Why are people still arguing the demos barrel path doesn't match demo path?
See my answer to question 1.
I have highlighted several times what I've been asking you.. but finally we have an answer, and in my questioning to you I also made it obvious we weren't talking about some poor kid with no knowledge of the game.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yes we've already talked about how it can be misleading to some, I get that, I've been there.
Thank you for this. That is the openness that I have been looking for. Now if you can stop throwing missiles my way, maybe we can have a mature conversation.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have no need for one, but at least now we can cut the crap about how the pros barrel path in their demos don't match their game swing, it's obvious just like you said
I'm all for cutting the crap. Have been since day 1. Hopefully you and your buddies are on board for that as well.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

I apologize. I have not followed all the discussion in this tread closely because most of the time I've looked in it's been the same crap circling the same drain.